Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Weird glitch in screen corners on FFIV: The After Years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Orsquall

Hello,

I get a weird glitch when the screen scrolls horizontally on certain screen's edges (i.e. Mythril's town left side, the admant cave etc.).
Glitch happens all over the screen only when the character moves left or right, as if it's not aligned correctly with the backrground map..

Tried both 3404 and 3972 build.

Specs:

Pentium Dual-Core 2.50GHz
3.24 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Windows XP 32 bit
Updated to the latest version of DirectX (via the links on this msgboard).

Any known solutions please?
Post a screenshot and someone might recognize what kind of error it is

Get a newer version like r4321 from Orleans: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2332.html , then try the Dx9 plugin which perhaps may not have the problem.
I beat FF4AY completely /w 42xx i think 4213 without glitch's using dx9 plugin. I know if I hit 3, 4, 5 one of those keys i would get screen glitchs when moving.(edit:: OPENGL going none native resolution causes glitchs while moving)

EDIT:: Ok dont use the dx9 plugin with the newer rev. 4322
Check pics seems as though dx9 has resolution and/or bad aa problems with FF4AY.

EDIT2:: 3rd pic is dx9 /with force bi/tri filter on fix's edge problem in dx9 pic but still blurry to me

edit3::i had a problem using your rev where everything was 1 block off to the left/right while walking
Use OPENGL if using 4322 but your system might not be up to the task fps wise