Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AMD Radeon GPU Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Vojovnik

Hi,

I'm using Dolphin v4.0 and I'm trying to use my GPU (AMD Radeon 7670M),
but all I can choose is
- intel HD Graphics 3000
- Microsoft basic Render Driver
I've installed GPU-Z, to check, if my GPU is running, but "GPU Load" is at 0%.
My graphics driver: AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series

Anyone an idea?
Get the latest dev build of Dolphin, 4.0-87xx, they fixed the auto-detect of switchable GPUs some time after the old stable builds
(01-22-2016, 09:44 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Get the latest dev build of Dolphin, 4.0-87xx, they fixed the auto-detect of switchable GPUs some time after the old stable builds

Did Dolphin ever detect switchable GPUs? If so, is that a Windows only feature?
AFAIK Dolphin does not detect that automatically (even in current builds) and manually selecting the adapter is known to make Video Backend fail to start. In other words, on Dolphin, leave the first adapter on the list selected (no matter what it is) and manually select the dedicated GPU for Dolphin in Catalyst Control Center (or in NVIDIA Control Panel). This will make Dolphin run on the dedicated GPU even if it shows another adapter selected on its graphics settings...
I see, and I guess that's platform-specific, since there's no selector on the Linux builds (primusrun is our friend here). Slightly off-topic, but is there any way Dolphin could use the dedicated GPU instead of the integrated GPU on the Linux builds? I made a small wrapper script for Dolphin and saved it as /usr/bin/dolphin-emu to override the binary (exec primusrun /usr/games/dolphin-emu "$@") but I wonder if there's a better way it could be done.
The Adapter selector only shows in Direct3D. On OpenGL there's no selector (even on Windows)...

Vojovnik

(01-23-2016, 02:35 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK Dolphin does not detect that automatically (even in current builds) and manually selecting the adapter is known to make Video Backend fail to start. In other words, on Dolphin, leave the first adapter on the list selected (no matter what it is) and manually select the dedicated GPU for Dolphin in Catalyst Control Center (or in NVIDIA Control Panel). This will make Dolphin run on the dedicated GPU even if it shows another adapter selected on its graphics settings...

I already wanted to do this, but I don't have the option "switchable graphics" in my menu, don't know why...

I've just downloaded Dolphin 4.0-8766, still don't have the option to choose my graphic card,
but most games (e.g. mario party 9, mario kart, etc.) run (with frame skip +1) at 100%.
Does it improve anything if you try the GPU Performance section of the laptop performance guide?
I thought that it was a feature around here somewhere that mentioned Dolphin auto-detecting switchable graphics, but I can't seem to find the post....
(01-23-2016, 03:10 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]I see, and I guess that's platform-specific, since there's no selector on the Linux builds (primusrun is our friend here). Slightly off-topic, but is there any way Dolphin could use the dedicated GPU instead of the integrated GPU on the Linux builds? I made a small wrapper script for Dolphin and saved it as /usr/bin/dolphin-emu to override the binary (exec primusrun /usr/games/dolphin-emu "$@") but I wonder if there's a better way it could be done.

A bit out of topic, but NVidia did release a new driver some days ago with headless EGL support. So we could use the nvidia GPU for emulation, and the intel one for postprocessing. So in theory, this might work fine for virtual XFB. *but* there are still some issues remaining, and lots of code need to be written...
Pages: 1 2