Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low-End PC !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Guys !
I have a really Dodgy low-end pc and i want to know if this is normal to happen...
i made an iso of sonic unleashed "EUR" PAL and what happend is just a blank screen and framerates is decending from 20 to 0 fps .. could it be my GPU ?
i hope the dvd is not corrupted !!
some other question : how old my pc is " year " ?? im serious Rolleyes

spec.:
intel celeron 330
ram : 512mb ddr
gpu: FX5500 " Iknow Angry "
motherboard : asus P4-V8XMX
OMG sorry but you PC is not good enough you need a good 2 cores cpu 1gb of ram and Gpu thats support opengl 2.1
Actually. you don't need a graphic card that supports open GL 2.1 Seeing that DX9 works.

DX9 works with Sonic Unleashed with the Skies arcadia and ZTP bloom.
but still if he mannages to do this i am not expecting a decent speed Tongue
but if he tests it after getting his ram to 1.5 GB at least then he can at least Run and see every thing...
only if his graphic card supports DirectX9 (I don't know if it does)... metal numb

what Version of Directx do you have?
what plugin are you using graphic plugin i mean (DirectX or Open GL?)
(09-26-2009, 05:32 AM)SonicEgypt Wrote: [ -> ]Actually. you don't need a graphic card that supports open GL 2.1 Seeing that DX9 works.

DX9 works with Sonic Unleashed with the Skies arcadia and ZTP bloom.
but still if he mannages to do this i am not expecting a decent speed Tongue
but if he tests it after getting his ram to 1.5 GB at least then he can at least Run and see every thing...
only if his graphic card supports DirectX9 (I don't know if it does)... metal numb

what Version of Directx do you have?
what plugin are you using graphic plugin i mean (DirectX or Open GL?)

DirectX 9c "
OpenGL Plugin
It doesn't matter, that CPU is extremely slow for Dolphin. Even with DX, it will not run very good at all.

You need to upgrade.
I'm not sure why there's a black screen, but for games that do work, you'll be lucky to get 5 fps.
people somebody please tell me if the dvd is not corrupted ? any one ?? Sad
He also won't be able to use the DX9 plugin, at least not without intermittent issues..

Before anyone says anything I know that the Geforce FX series support shader model 2.0, however it's implemented improperly on the FX line of cards and support was quite poor. As a result many games and applications which make use of shader model 2.0 features either won't work or suffer from rendering issues on the FX 5200 and 5500 cards.

Generally when speaking of Nvidia anything in the 6xxx series or better should be sufficient to use Dolphin, not sure what line of cards OpenGL 2.1 support was added.

Also your CPU is so poor that you won't get playable speeds, you might as well create a slide show with still images of the game and call it the game, because that is what games will run like on that hardware if you can even get them to work. Your processor is just not adequate or up to the task of CPU intensive emulation for emulators such as PCSX2 and Dolphin.
okay ! thanks guys Smile
i've a little question ,, okay the last time bothering you people ..

what do you recommend for me as a PC upgrade now without breaking bank !?
i made up my mind : tell me you opinion :p

-intel core 2 duo E8600 " i intend to OC it too "
-Kingstone 2x2GB DDR2.
-Nvidia Geforce 9400GT 1GB.? Or 9800GT ??
Is this enough for dolphin,pcsx2 and other CPU and GPU intensive tasks ? and how long it will be a high-end PC ?
I cant thank you guys enough !!
I run a pantium dual core it runs with an Ok Speed.

Buy an Intel core 2 duo E8600 @ 3 GHZ
At least 2 GB Of Ram
Geforce 9800GT at 1 GB would be good or just you can use Geforce9500 but less 1-2 FPS thought than Geforce 9800.

Metal Numb you can at least test... Try to go to:

1-) Open Dolphin IL
2-) Make sure you are using the DX9 Plugin
3-) Click Browse and Browse the Folder your Game is in
4-) Now you should be seeing a banner (picture) , Right click on that banner
5-) Click proprties
6-) Now Pick at the bottom of the text that says "Projection hack for" and pick "Zelda Twilight Prince Bloom Hack"
7-) Press Ok
8-) Double Click on the Banned Picture and the game should start

We will see the resault of this either very slow speed or you won't be able to run at all.
Pages: 1 2