Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MSI Gaming laptop Papermario (Hardware issue)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. I am not posting this in the Paper Mario the thousand year door because I think this is related to my hardware. Basically I have tried every setting from the wikipage, used the latest version of dolphin with bounding box set to gpu, used the old dolphin with no bounding box option and even the ishiiruka build. The game seems to run fine for the first chapter with frame dips constantly but I have given up on that no matter what game it is it will always drop 1-2 frame everynow and then. However, the real issue lies in the second chapter where Im back in Petal Town and whenever I hold R1 for me to become the thin paper Mario the frame drops immediately to around 42-47 and stays there as long as I am in thin mode. Is there a way to fix this cause I remember back in the GC when you become thin mario theres no slowdown stutter or anything so I am sure it is not designed in the game. Is my hardware not capable or do I have to set specific settings?
Since you're playing on a laptop, are you sure you're using the dedicated GPU and not the integrated GPU?

Could you perhaps also show your settings (general and graphical)?

Also, having some stuttering the first time you play through a game is normal; that's caused by shader compilation and there's nothing you can do about it for the moment, but it will happen less frequently as you continue to play.
Im more than sure Im using the dedicated gpu and it is set to high performance. The settings are pretty much default using open gl and set efb to ram as the wiki page suggested. The stuttering is fine but the problem is extreme slow down when I become thin mario and the frame rate stays around 47 unless I become normal mario.
OpenGL uses software to render the bounding boxes, try using Direct3D.
It is better with Direct3D, just a side question it is impossible to get rid of the 1-2fps drop right? even with unofficial ishiiruka build I still get that on every game.
Is it a constant slowdown or just some stuttering? If it's the latter, no there is no way to avoid it apart from playing the game. The Ishiiruka fork can reduce the stuttering but that's at the expense of having more graphical glitches.
(01-20-2016, 02:24 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]OpenGL uses software to render the bounding boxes, try using Direct3D.

Nope, they both use the same way to get the bbox values.
(01-22-2016, 07:23 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, they both use the same way to get the bbox values.

Huh, when did they implement that? Every time I try to use OpenGL and it renders bounding boxes, it slows to a crawl.