Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Easy way to get Dolphin on your Phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Tilted the Wolf

Unfortunately, I don't have any mobile devices that can support Dolphin. Fortunately, my computer runs it fine, and I have Wi-Fi, which allows another way. Teamviewer is a free remote desktop application that lets you control one computer from another, or even Android and Apple devices. After using it for about two weeks, I haven't had much issue, and can even play games on it with relatively little input lag. This of course means Dolphin will "run" on your phone no problem if you're near decent Wi-Fi. You'll need a controller or keyboard and mouse that supports bluetooth in order to be able to play, but still.

Another use for this is in conjunction with the 3D that was added into the developer version. Get one of those Google Cardboard things and boom! Instant VR headset. Well, no head tracking, but still.

The only problem I've encountered is that the mobile program doesn't like certain Wi-Fi's, and if you want to play on the go without a laptop, you'll have to wire your computer up with an Ethernet cable. If you run into distorted sound troubles, try reducing the bit rate and frequency that your computer outputs to (like 16 bits instead of 24 bits). Higher graphics qualities of course need more bandwidth, so act accordingly. The program automatically rescales your screen to the connected device's display, and reverts back when the connection is closed. It cannot act as a second screen unless you have one plugged in already, but it can act as the only screen if no others are present (and you set it up beforehand).

Sooo...., yeah. Just made an account to tell you all that. Now you can play Dolphin on your cheap phones. Uses up about 1Mb of data every minute or two (at 720p resolution) using mobile data, if you're interested.
Teamviewer is awful.

If you have a compatible nvidia graphics card you can use nvidia gamestream + Moonlight in Android.
Moonlight has an iOS version, too. For whatever reason it needs a super-recent iOS version, though. There's also another platform-agnostic streaming system (whose name almost certainly starts with R) but I can never remember it.

ririari

Hi there

I was searching here in the forums if anyone knows a way of making a google cardboard lenses effect because i managed to get the SBS 3D working using my windows phone.

For that I use an app called KinoConsole (Android,iOS, Windows phone/Windows 10 Mobile) for streaming and the 3D effect already supported by dolphin but if you have an android phone you can use Trinus VR or KinoVR for maybe an easier VR experience.

I only have my windows phone so that's why i gotta stick with it but I'd like to get to know if there's a way to do those lenses effect because since dolphin puts the whole screen side-by-side, I basically lose the edges ._. Any ideas on this? Smile

btw any questions related to "how to get this damn thing working" (not that it's thaaat difficult) I'll be happy to help
@ririari - We have a policy about necroposting, please be sure to review it:

Quote:Necroposting: Do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Threads violating this rule will be closed. Stickied threads, Game Discussion threads, and HD Texture threads are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.

This thread is technically considered an "old", so it would be better if you created a new thread about your issue. New thread tend to gain more attention as well, so someone is more likely to see it and offer help. No worries this time since you're new here, but I'll be closing this.