Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issue with NSMB Wii - the jump doesn't work right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KCJV

Hello there,
I recently bought New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but I've got a little problem with the game:
When I press the A button, Mario will jump, that's normal; but the problem is, I can't get him to go to the left while jumping, or even to jump in place, without any horizontal movement. How can I fix this?
Thanks in advance!
Are you using a real Wiimote? If not, can you show your controller settings?

KCJV

I have taken a screenshot of my configuration (since I'm using a French version I translated to English).
Try checking "sideways wiimote", since NSMBW uses the wiimote on its side (like a NES controller so that 1 and 2 are B and A respectively). Also, you're using an old version of Dolphin (since I can see settings for a UDP Wiimote). Upgrade to the latest development build.

KCJV

Sorry for not replying immediately.
I tried to check "sideways Wiimote", but that didn't change anything; I think I'll upgrade to the last version of Dolphin and see if it works.
EDIT: I've just downloaded the latest version from the "download" page, and it now works fine Smile thanks a lot for the help!