Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best settings to run Melee on Dolphin 4.0-8719? (Latest as of this post)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've configured my settings so Super Smash bros. Melee would run pretty well, but I'm still experiencing occasional stuttering and framerate drops (especially on the stage Fountain of Dreams). I was curious if any of you guys have a non-lag setting configuration. Sorry if this is in the wrong section
Normally I'd tell you that AMD is your problem, but Melee isn't really an intensive game at all to emulate so...

Can you post screenshots of your settings please?
They are all here:
http://imgur.com/a/iOwLF
What is your GPU exacly?

edit : nvmd, didn't see your screenshots.
You GPU is kinda weak, and Fountain of Dreams is GPU intensive, I'm afraid that's why you got slowdowns.
I don't know if this will solve your problems, but you can check "Skip EFB Access from CPU" because only a few games need it, and if they do, it's overridden by the gameinis.
(01-19-2016, 01:31 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if this will solve your problems, but you can check "Skip EFB Access from CPU" because only a few games need it, and if they do, it's overridden by the gameinis.

Wow that actually helped greatly, although if the audio stutters a bit (sounds a tad fuzzy at points) does that mean the game itself is lagging or just the audio?
Audio is synchronised with the emulation speed, so this would mean you're not running full speed even when that hack.
You may also want to try the Ishiiruka Build with the DX9 backend and asynchronous shaders and Time Streching Audio to avoid audio stutters. Maybe it's faster maybe not, the only way to know is to try.
In the advanced part of settings, turn on CPU clock override and set it to around 40%. I think everything will run full speed, but you might need to enable a speedup hack for fountain of dreams.