Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: for those who has the Metroid Prime and DX9 Crash issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Try this fix.

1-) Open Dolphin and Make sure you are using the DirectX9 Plugin
2-) Click Browse
3-) Pick the Folder that your Game(s) (includes metroid prime) Exist it
4-) Once you are done , Right click on metroid prime game banner on your dolphin browser
5-) Click proprties
6-) Make sure the mark "Check" on "Safe Texture Hack"
7-) Press Ok
8-) Run the game

Hope this helps Tongue
it also helped me to use the Bloom hack using DirectX9 Plugin Rolleyes

I don't have Metroid prime but in the open GL options the Safe texture hack says it can be used to Stop the crash of it and DX9 can use open GL Tools using the browser.

and The DX9 Can Use other Open GL Hacks too , if you boot it from the Dolphin browser.
and sorry if I am lazy to Spell the game right XD
This thread is useless, we have specific game threads in "Game Discussions" section with all settings you need to use
(09-26-2009, 01:36 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]This thread is useless, we have specific game threads in "Game Discussions" section with all settings you need to use

how was that useless? Tongue
every body been having the Metroid Prime issue and i haven't seen a single post that states how to soulve the problem Wink

so tell me how was that useless lol
notice its DX9 not open GL :p
A search will provide so many topics that have been told to turn on Safe Texture Cache...
(09-26-2009, 05:48 AM)Unknownforce Wrote: [ -> ]A search will provide so many topics that have been told to turn on Safe Texture Cache...

did it say to turn on the safe texture in DX9 and how to turn on Safe Texture Cache while using the DX9 plugin (Not open GL)? Huh
Link me if so Undecided