Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Linuxmint and libstdc++6 ppa problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I am trying to install dolphin on Linuxmint 17.3 KDe and after adding the dolphin emu ppa and the ppa that updates the gcc and libstdc++6 then issuing sudo apt-get update there is no updates for libstdc++6 to install?
All i am getting is this after issuing sudo apt-get upgrade

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages have been kept back:
lib32stdc++6 libatomic1 libgfortran3 libgomp1 libitm1 libquadmath0
libstdc++6 libstdc++6:i386 libtsan0
0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 9 not to upgrade.

Any help please? Smile
Looks like your system has dependencies that prevent you from installing a newer version of the standard library. I would suggest building Dolphin manually since the PPA is meant to be used only with Ubuntu (even though Mint 17 is based on Trusty).
If i try to compile it using the official documentation it errors straight away with

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
g++-4.9 : Depends: gcc-4.9-base (= 4.9.2-0ubuntu1~14.04) but 4.9.3-8ubuntu2~14.04 is to be installed
Depends: libstdc++-4.9-dev (= 4.9.2-0ubuntu1~14.04) but it is not going to be installed
gcc-4.9 : Depends: cpp-4.9 (= 4.9.2-0ubuntu1~14.04) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: gcc-4.9-base (= 4.9.2-0ubuntu1~14.04) but 4.9.3-8ubuntu2~14.04 is to be installed
Depends: libgcc-4.9-dev (>= 4.9.2-0ubuntu1~14.04) but it is not going to be installed
portaudio19-dev : Depends: libjack-dev
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages
Did you add the PPA for gcc 4.9 for Trusty?
yes the ppa with gcc4.9 has been added and updated and that is what i get
*Bump* Smile
Could you try this repo instead?

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test

(don't forget to apt-get update, but I suppose you already know this)
Brilliant! That worked! Thanks very much. The second suggested ppa updated fine. First one my system didnt like for some reason. Thanks!
You're welcome. I find it weird that the first one didn't work, but since I don't have a Mint system around, I cannot test this. Still curious as to why it didn't work… So if someone knows why, please let me know Smile
(01-17-2016, 05:41 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like your system has dependencies that prevent you from installing a newer version of the standard library. I would suggest building Dolphin manually since the PPA is meant to be used only with Ubuntu (even though Mint 17 is based on Trusty).

Please, don't spread misinformation... for the matter of PPA support Ubuntu and Linux Mint are the same thing.

---

The issue is due an update in the gcc-4.9-base from the official repository, from 4.9.1 to 4.9.3 I guess. I have no idea why they did it, 14.04 has no gcc 4.9 support at all, it has just these base packages, so there's no point to update them. The ppa:dolphin-emu/gcc-for-dolphin is clashing with this update, so the best to do is install ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test like leolam said, or just force install gcc 4.9.2 from the gcc-for-dolphin ppa somehow.
Pages: 1 2