Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem isntalling Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 for the dev versions of Dolphin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cant finish the installation, i get the errorĀ 0x80240017, i am on Windows 7 and i have Service pack 1 i checked for updates or something but its still not working.

Did anyone managed to solve this problem?

Also is the new official release of Dolphin going to requiere this to use?, because i can use 4.0 no problems but im worried that im not going to be able to use the newer versions if its requiered to have this "package", i hope this only is requiered for the dev versions...

Still, can someone help me?
Did you download this package from the Microsoft website? Did you download the right one, x64 or x86?
5.0 will require this.

Open an administrative command prompt and run

sfc /scannow

And reboot.

See if that helps.
(01-16-2016, 01:01 PM)GreatWhiteDolphin Wrote: [ -> ]Did you download this package from the Microsoft website? Did you download the right one, x64 or x86?

Yes, i downloaded from the Microsoft website and its the x64 for my machine.
Your profile says you're running 32 bit.
(01-16-2016, 01:17 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]Your profile says you're running 32 bit.

Nah, that build is old and i havent changed that profile from a LONG time now, im using x64 now.
Well this is dogshit... like seriously i just formated my pc 2 fucking times to get this package installed and i JUST CANT... first of all the stupid windows update just keeps hangin on "searching for updates", first it was corrupted so i decided to format my pc, then it started with the haning and had to format it again, NOW it started again and the stupid c++ 2015 whatever just hanged too on the last part of the installation.

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT.
DEAR FUCKING LORD I DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED... BUT IT ACTUALLY INSTALLED AND I COULD RUN ONE OF THE DEV VERSIONS OF DOLPHIN, OH MY GOD I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED!!!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT...

I am sorry but after HOURS of doing this and i CANT BELIEVE THIS... the only thing i did was RESTART the computer but didnt bothered closing the installer of Visual C++ Redistributable which was "hagning" on the last part of the instalation... and suddenly at the restart it asked me to install it, i dont know but the program run itself AGAIN on startup and i just accepted but this time it finished... i dont even know what the fuck is going in here but seriously i just dont even know what to say, ITS FUCKNG MAGIC PEOPLE.

Like WHAT THE HELL???, now we have to rely on magic shit happening in order to get some fucking windows update seriously?.

OMG.