Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Animal Crossing - Random Textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MelonSpeedruns

Hi people, with the help of some friends, we started doing some texture re-work for the original Animal Crossing on Gamecube.

Here's some screenshots of the actual progress : https://imgur.com/a/PAUVx

I don't think it deserves it's own post yet, I just wanted to know if you guys like the work we're doing, and some tips to get better.

Overall, thanks for giving us constructive feedback!

rexbasedcereal

Looks really good man
Looking good on par with the DS textures, always thought the n64 version looked better on project64 than the ngc version once filtering was applied the ngc textures seem lower res???
Try not to brake the overall game style though for instance the tree stumps are that high res now they look like cardboard cutouts, maybe blur the textures slighty so it looks like your looking through a soft focus lense.

MelonSpeedruns

(01-15-2016, 03:14 PM)clairane Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good on par with the DS textures, always thought the n64 version looked better on project64 than the ngc version once filtering was applied the ngc textures seem lower res???
Try not to brake the overall game style though for instance the tree stumps are that high res now they look like cardboard cutouts, maybe blur the textures slighty so it looks like your looking through a soft focus lense.

Thanks for the tip. I'm actually re-designing the trees at the moment.

EDIT : Here's the new tree texture, I hope you like it :

[Image: gldWSdA.png]
This looks awsome can't wait for releaseBig Grin,also can't wait for player/animals in HD.
Is this project still ongoing? If so could you post a download link please?