Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: version of Dolphin (Ubuntu) that runs on OpenGL 2.1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Community,
I have 2 problems, that i struggled to find a solution to:
I am new to Linux and I found out that my Computer only supports OpenGl up to version 2.1 . (though I could get Mesa 11.2 with oibaf PPA)
I wanted to ask if there is an older version on Ubuntu that works with version 2.1 .
I remember using this computer for dolphin before when i still had windows 7 on it.
My second question is, how can i successfully uninstall my current dolphin version so that I can install an older one?
It didn't let me do it before, because It said that installing an older one would not let me able to run the already existing version.

thanks for taking your time and I hope that you can help me!
No matter what Dolphin version you use, you won´t have a good experience with the integrated GPU you have currently.
meh you are probably right Sad
had to leave my desktop PC which was running every game flawless on highest graphic behind in my home country and had to take my old laptop with me Sad sad
Building a powerful rig for Dolphin isn´t as expensive as you could think, you know? Mainly when it´s about building a desktop.

It could be as cheap as, i dont know, US$400 or US$500?
well i'm only gonna stay here for another 5 months , but thanks for the reply anyway!