Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] XGIII: Extreme G Racing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
XGIII: Extreme G Racing

But with the PS2 port of XG3 Extreme G Racing to GameCube, UK development studio Acclaim Cheltenham has created a racing beast that is anything but shoddy. Indeed, the game's unparalleled sense of speed, tight control, jaw-dropping track design and beautiful graphics combine for an end experience that easily rivals that of the Wipeout or F-Zero brands. Players everywhere, take notice. - IGN

[Image: 480037_front.jpg]

Dolphin RVN 4306 Settings
[attachment=1301]

Problems with Game
Only small problem is with the Gamecube memory card saves where it states your save is corrupted. Use Save states and you are fine.

Just a showcase that it works very well with the Direct3D9 plugin even with all enhancements and anti aliasing turned up. Worked well in OpenGL before but Direct3D9 keeps a closer 60 fps throughout especially with enhancements on.

Dolphin RVN 4306 Gameplay Video
[color=#0000CD]XGIII: Extreme G Racing Youtube Video[/color]
Would love to try this game, but can't find it anywhere. In stores or online.
you mean online stores, of course *roll eyes*
Of course Sleepy

swaaye

Can anyone get this game working? I see this thread about it working and it is mentioned in the "perfect working" sticky that it works. When I run it it asks about saving to memory card (hit A to continue) and then it locks up. I tried some older versions of Dolphin and around v47xx it will go a bit further but then fails with memory write/read errors.

I tried changing all sorts of settings to see if I could stumble on a incompatibility but nothing helped.

Using Dolphin 2.0.

swaaye

Yup if you dig up the 4306 version, the game will work pretty well.

zonex

While Acclaim hasn't had much luck with games on the PlayStation 2 to date (Crazy Taxi being the possible exception), the tables may indeed be turning for the Long Island, NY-based company. With its newest racing game, XG3 Extreme G Racing, Acclaim is finally able to debut the kind of sleek image, next-generation power....

swaaye

Well, I think XGIII is one of the best racers of its type. The futuristic arcade racer with weapons and nice electronic music (in this case right from the trance scene). Smile It has a smooth visual style and the racing is a touch less frantic than F-Zero GX. I think it's a vast improvement over its predecessors and XGRA has changes that make it less appealing.

It's unfortunate that something regressed in Dolphin versions after ~4306 that causes the game to not function.

nodino

[quote='swaaye' pid='90787' dateline='1275104677']
Yup if you dig up the 4306 version, the game will work pretty well.
[/quote

where i can download that version pleas can you help me

snowy446

Can someone give me a download for dolphin 4306
I have problems with this game to
Pages: 1 2