Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skylake i3 overclocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Curious if anyone has read about (or maybe even tested?) OC potential of non-K Skylake CPUs, especially the i3:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digita...verclocked

What do you guys think? Maybe the 6300 and 6320 are rendered a bit pointless now (unless you need even higher OC)?

I might buy one soon and do some testing, as I've recently bought a new mini-ITX case (Silverstone RVZ02) after finding it on sale and now need to get all new components (previously running a cheap and fat ATX size G3258 build). Tongue
It's not worth it . Overclocking G3258 is exactly the same as you overclock i5 4690k and i7 4790k
Overclocking Non-k is not safe , you will have to do with via BCLK which is a good way to kill your mobo , Ram ....Btw not all mobo support non-k OC and you must update the latest bios that support non-k OC
If you want a safe OC , you should increase the multiplier instead .
AMD Zen is coming soon . Considering next APUs will share the socket with FX CPUs I'd guess it's highly likely that you will have Zen in ITX form factor , I think you should wait for Zen Benchmark before making a purchase . If Zen was not a good idea then you should get an i7 6700k . I have an i7 and I regret buying all non-sense dual core CPU up till now .Everything is just lightning fast, game load times have been cut in half
I thought overclocking BCLK should be more safe on Skylake since it now has separate clock for PCIe/DMI:
AndandTech Wrote:On the high level, the biggest change is that Haswell's decoupling ratios between the processor and the PCIe/DMI are gone, and the PCIe/DMI domains now run through a separate external clock. What this means is that, potentially, the way of overclocking back in 2006 with a high base frequency and low multiplier might be back, giving extreme overclockers more of a challenge.
You will upgrade your dual core to another dual core . Fine , I won't stop you
Just saying that I had a Dual Core Haswell with HT (3.3GHz) , it was not as fast as G3258 @ 4.6GHz in multi-theaded benchmark , no improvement in gamesload time (PC game) . So I sent it to my sister ....