Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Changing region setting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

G3TRSEN

The default region setting for Dolphin is Switzerland, correct? How do I change it?
What are you talking about? Dolphin defaults to the language of your OS, but you can force a specific language under Config -> Interface -> Language. As for games, Dolphin has no region lockout, so it supports games from all regions.

G3TRSEN

I mean the country setting of the emulated Wii itself.
I think you can force as Japan, but that is it. Why would you want such a setting?
Yeah, Dolphin doesn't let you pick the region of the emulated console, since Dolphin doesn't care about region lockouts. IIRC the only reason the Force NTSC-J option exists is to do with fonts and other things that can differ between western software and software intended only for Japanese consoles.

G3TRSEN

I'm mostly interested so I can display the correct flag under my name in Mario Kart time trials.
(01-07-2016, 06:42 PM)G3TRSEN Wrote: [ -> ]I'm mostly interested so I can display the correct flag under my name in Mario Kart time trials.

Retexture it? Big Grin
Would it work if you use the Wii system menu to change the settings?

G3TRSEN

I am able to change the country there, but when I go into Mario Kart itself to set the specific region - i.e. when it tells you to go back to the Wii Menu to change it - it sends me back to the Wii Menu rather than letting me change it there.

Jhenrique305

I'm having the same problem... and I think something like boot2.wad from nusd should help, you neet to change it in wiiconnect24 tab, but everytime I open it, it says "System files are corrupted, please enter in contact with Nintendo"
Strange!
Pages: 1 2