Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Looking to run SSB Melee for Netplay and general use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Vertine

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Dolphin, and I'm trying to run SSBMelee as close to a consistent 60 fps framerate as possible (though I realize that some maps make this tricky).  I've tried toying around with the settings and everything, and the best I've been able to do is get consistent 60fps in the menus (hooray!) and relatively consistent 60 fps in training mode on Pokemon Stadium.  However, on most other maps and in netplay I drop to an average of 45-50fps which can vary down to 30 or even below if there's a lot of activity.  Classic Mode is pretty much unplayable.

Here are my computer specs:
CPU: Intel i7-4510U @ 2.00GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 850M (with a secondary Intel HD Graphics card)
Memory: 16 GB

I'm using Dolphin 4.0-7840 and have been using the following specs:
[Image: Dolphin_1.png]

[Image: Dolphin_2.png]

[Image: Dolphin_3.png]

[Image: Dolphin_4.png]

I've tried messing around with resolutions and the clock override feature, but I've been getting marginal returns on those.  Any advice?  Let me know if I need to provide anything else.
Make sure you have both Windows power management and Nvidia control panel set to High performance. Also, make sure you keep your laptop plugged in so that it won't throttle due to being on battery.