Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Acer Aspire E5-573G-52G3 and Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've had my eyes set on this laptop for a while and I want to know if that 940M and (more importantly) i5-5200U could run Dolphin at a minimum of 60 fps 1xIR for most, if not all games. Mainly the three Zelda games, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Melee/Brawl, and SMS/Galaxy/Galaxy 2, as those are the few I could probably fit on there.
That GPU shouldn't be the issue. I have it and am able to use 3xIR in TP, WW, and SS with AA disabled -- with AA, I sometimes have to drop back to 2x-2.5x in intensive areas (the hotkeys for increasing/decreasing IR are really helpful for this!). As for the CPU… I'm not sure about yours but ULV models (those with an U in the model name) are not recommended. ULV stands for ultra-low voltage, and have much worse performance than regular CPUs. Given that its frequency is not too low, maybe it could run Dolphin with performance that's not too bad, but still, it's not a good CPU for Dolphin.
Probably not. Get a better CPU