Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Crash "Device Quit" [LOW]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought I would post this bug, just in case somebody else comes across it and can't figure out what the issue is.

I have a Duel Monitor setup and noticed that with the Dolphin, and other games when I use Full Screen setup, that my second monitor always shows the desktop still. Usually, I just turn it off in this case. I also use a program called Joy2Key. It allows me to map my mouse movements to my 360 controller. That way, I can sit on my couch, and still do minimal mouse movements (Left Click, Right Click and etc,.). I also use the 360 Controller for GC on the Dolphin.

Now to the bug. When using Dolphin in DX9 mode, whenever I alt tab out, I always get a crash of some sort. I keep panic messages off, just because they are annoying. But I noticed while playing any game, with Joy2Key enabled, that I would have frequent crashes randomly.

What happens is that sense Joy2Key is still running, when I'm playing the game and using the joystick, it keeps the mouse moving in the background. And more specifically on my second monitor because it still has the desktop showing. Also, since I had mapped the "A" button to be my left click, it would occasionally select an item on the desktop. But during those times in the game when I was pushing "A" rapidly, Joy2Key would be "Double clicking" somewhere on the 2nd monitor. When it opened a program, or whatever was on my Desktop I would experience the same crash as if I Alt + Tab'd out.

So to prevent this from happening, all I had to do was make sure Joy2Key wasn't running in the background.

Yeah, I know that the prerequisites for this bug are very particular, but I figured someone else out there may run into the same issue I did. Smile