Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Donkey Kong Country Returns has a bug!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

vanderlei

Donkey Kong Country Returns has a bug where the character is invisible and other environmental characters are going through the objects of the same. Please look urgently the game. Confused
Characters going through the objects should be fixed by disabling Fast Depth Calculation (and in current Dolphin builds it'll do that automatically as long as you don't open Graphics settings window while the game is running). Missing DK, as JosJuice pointed, is a known issue, for now you can disable "Store EFB Copies to Texture Only" as a workaround, last time I tried DK stopped being invisible but became pixelated...

dxblake

This bug happens with my new pc build (AMDFX-9370 w/nvidiaGTX660) using the latest Dolphin build 4.0-8886, but with my older pc (AMDPhenomx4 w/nvidiaGTX550ti) this bug does not happen. Same settings for graphics and sound, using Real Wiimote, with DolphinBar.
That's weird. I heard that using 1.5x and 2.5x IR fixes the problem, but if you are actually using the same setup, that would be new.

dxblake

Considering the hardware difference isnt much, its very weird.
Only thing I came up with is that Dolphin is INSTALLED on my older pc, and on my new pc its simply in an extraction folder. But both are x64 versions so idk. Ive read and read this is the first I hear about changing the IR to 2.5x, I want to try that and get back to ya.
I just tested, 1.5x and 2.5x fixes the issue, 2x has the issue.

dxblake

For me setting the IR to 1.5x or 2.5x only stops DK, Diddy and the baddies from blinking but leaves DK and Diddy pixelated but only during gameplay. I can disable EFB and that stops the blinking while the IR is set to 2x or 3x but still pixelated, but playable. Thank you guys!

Berserk_GR

(01-05-2016, 03:47 AM)vanderlei Wrote: [ -> ]Donkey Kong Country Returns has a bug where the character is invisible and other environmental characters are going through the objects of the same. Please look urgently the game. Confused

The version Dolphin v4.0-8008 - x64 works perfect for Donkey Kong Returns. Try it. I read somewhere that was the last known version without Donkey Kong Returns invisibility bug.