Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi!I heard about dolphin 5.0 coming out on january 7.I m so happy.I hope they fix stuttering problem.cuz in 3.5 theres no stuttering(lag) but in 4.0 is differnt.Dolphin team pls fix.(and btw ı tried every option on 4.0 theres no problem with my pc theres problem with that version.)and yeah there goes my englishBig Grin

Happy new year!
you should try the latest development builds from dolphin-emu.org/download . They are way faster than 4.0 and have a lot of bugs fixed. The 5.0 release will be a bugfix-release (basically) of the latest development build of january 7. It wont be released on the 7th though...
Alllright, here we go. Everyone we have announced about the Progress Report is available in the December Progress Report.

MrElazug Wrote:hi!I heard about dolphin 5.0 coming out on january 7.I m so happy.

That is incorrect. The feature freeze for the development of the 5.0 release will begin on January 7. The actual release will be an undefined period of time after that, probably 30-60 days. Be patient, it won't be too long! ...I hope.

MrElazug Wrote:I hope they fix stuttering problem.cuz in 3.5 theres no stuttering(lag) but in 4.0 is differnt.

Ironically, 3.5 and 4.0 are our slowest releases ever! The stuttering you are experiencing is either shader compilation stuttering, which will fix itself if you keep using it, or because your system (please fill out your profile btw) is just too slow. The latest development builds are super super fast, and that speed will carry over into 5.0.

MrElazug Wrote:4.0

Please make sure you download Dolphin from our official site: https://dolphin-emu.org/. You can get all of the performance improvements coming to 5.0 right now by using development builds! They should definitely help with any performance issues you are having, but you will still need a strong computer though!
(01-04-2016, 07:02 PM)MrElazug Wrote: [ -> ]hi!I heard about dolphin 5.0 coming out on january 7.I m so happy.I hope they fix stuttering problem.cuz in 3.5 theres no stuttering(lag) but in 4.0 is differnt.Dolphin team pls fix.(and btw ı tried every option on 4.0 theres no problem with my pc theres problem with that version.)and yeah there goes my englishBig Grin

Happy new year!

You either misheard, were misinformed, or misread the release date information. There is no set release date for 5.0.  It's fair to assume it'll likely be out this year...but it's highly unlikely that January 7th will be the date. January 7th will be the start of freeze on new features being added to the master build.  Merges after the 7th will be centered around stability and regression/bug fixes. You can help speed up the release of 5.0 by downloading and reporting any regressions you may notice between the 4.0.2 and the latest developers build.
Thanks guys!but I have to ask.my pc can run gta v nearest max settings.its makin no sense or is it?and like i said my english not so good maybe ı read wrong.and whats wrong with 4.0?why is stuttering but 3.0 is not?what they change on 4.0?this like adding watergun to csgo.it not make this better.i m using latest version on dolphin cuz older versions cannot load custom textures for some reason.Dolphin team pls fix.
(01-05-2016, 12:08 AM)MrElazug Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys!but I have to ask.my pc can run gta v nearest max settings.its makin no sense or is it?and like i said my english not so good maybe ı read wrong.and whats wrong with 4.0?why is stuttering but 3.0 is not?what they change on 4.0?this like adding watergun to csgo.it not make this better.i m using latest version on dolphin cuz older versions cannot load custom textures for some reason.Dolphin team pls fix.

If you are using custom textures check " Prefetch Custom Textures" to load them in memory. That will prevent stuttering.
(01-05-2016, 12:08 AM)MrElazug Wrote: [ -> ]i m using latest version on dolphin cuz older versions cannot load custom textures for some reason.

If you're using the latest version, why are you talking about 4.0? 4.0 isn't the latest and doesn't support new texture packs.
(01-05-2016, 12:08 AM)MrElazug Wrote: [ -> ]but I have to ask.my pc can run gta v nearest max settings.its makin no sense or is it?

A PC that can run PC games on high settings does not necessarily imply that it will be able to run Dolphin well. It's quite the contrary actually, unless you have a good CPU; PC games mainly rely on the GPU, whereas it's the reverse for Dolphin.

Tuco Benedicto

Just as a clarification about this "feature freeze" thing, since I haven't been following it too closely... Once Dolphin 5.0 is released should I expect it to include any sort of feature that is NOT in the current development builds?
It's the reverse. Development builds will have everything 5.0 has, + the latest improvements and new features. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
Pages: 1 2