Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Continuous Scanning latency Bug/issue/Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

danielsansan

Hi Guys.

Problem: Latency issues with BT Dongle (MS BT Stack/Widcomm driver) while playing GC games with my PS4 DS4 Controller (wireless over this mentioned BT dongle, using DS4Windows, nice tool bc it also shows the latency in real time) while "Continuous Scanning" is active within the controller options.

If i turn the option off, i have no issues bc Dolphin doesn't scan and with this, not affecting the latency.

On the second hand i use the mayflash dolphin bar when i play wii games with an official wii remote plus (-TR) and there are no problems with Continuous Scanning (i have this awesome bar on a 10 meter usb repeater cable connected on a 4 port usb hub on top of my tv, and below where the hub is, there is the BT stick).

I like the fact that when i just turn on the wiimote, it works out of the box with no further clicks (refresh) or whatsoever.

Is it possible to make that option more depending on what the user plays (eg if gc that option should be inactive out of the box).

Thank you for your attention.

kind regards
The problem is most likely DS4Windows allowing the bluetooth adapter to be shared with the system (thus sharing precious bluetooth bandwidth). Dual Shocks do NOT like that! I suggest you get a second bluetooth adapter and use the SCP Drivers (or the new variant not made by him) and turn a bluetooth adapter into a PS3/PS4 bluetooth emulator. That will get rid of all of your problems straight away without requiring Dolphin to magically know what you are wanting to do!

danielsansan

Thanks for your suggestion MaJoR.

I already have the mayflash dolphin bar and a dedicated BT stick (just for the DS4 and general BT). So i already have more than enough BT devices on my PC. Since the -TR fix is also an option i could just go with the BT stick, but i like the bar up on my tv also being instant available as an ir receiver.

If i turn off continuous scanning it works flawless. I just wanna get rid of the "click on refresh" task. The continuous scanning option constantly scans during play and with this causes the latency to go up and down on my DS4.

If i give the BT stick exclusive access to just the DS4 would be an odd way of getting rid of the problem, don't u think ?

I guess it would be possible and more efficient to just turn it off in Gamecube play automatically. It doesn't need to be on and waste resources while the user plays gc games. it is just for the real wiimote.

I guess it is just a "if gc -> continuous scanning off" command. Or a 2nd option for init scan when launching dolphin so the wiimote is hooked up, while already hooked up on BT.
I have similar issues with a similar setup - using DS4Windows with a DS4 controller for GameCube games (on Windows 7 with default MS bluetooth stack), and a DolphinBar with a Wii Remote Plus -TR for Wii games.

Basically if there were some way to register the Wii Remote in Dolphin while in-game, without continuous scan and without having to alt-tab to the settings window and hit refresh + 1/2 buttons, that would be ideal. Otherwise we need to leave the Wii Remote turned on and running down battery life.