Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin won't dump textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey! Dolphin doesn't dump textures!
Checkbox in settings is ticked and folder with title id in Dolphin Emulator\Dump\ is created.
I see how the folder update date is changing and the game fps is slow like it's supposed to dump textures.
But anyways the folder is empty.
I'm using Dolphin 3.0 (stable version from downloads page).
Can someon help me with that?
(01-02-2016, 09:42 PM)vladik4kides Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Dolphin 3.0 (stable version from downloads page).

Please don't. 4.0.2 is much better than 3.0, and the recent development versions are much better than 4.0.2.
Well I realized that dumped textures are now in C:\Programs\Dolphin\User\Dump\Textures\<game id> lel
But now I have problem with loading custom textures. They just won't load ._.
(01-02-2016, 11:18 PM)vladik4kides Wrote: [ -> ]Well I realized that dumped textures are now in C:\Programs\Dolphin\User\Dump\Textures\<game id> lel

Yes, 3.5 and older use that directory.

(01-02-2016, 11:18 PM)vladik4kides Wrote: [ -> ]But now I have problem with loading custom textures. They just won't load ._.

Are you using textures you dumped yourself, or a texture pack you downloaded from somewhere? Where are you placing the textures?
(01-02-2016, 11:23 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2016, 11:18 PM)vladik4kides Wrote: [ -> ]Well I realized that dumped textures are now in C:\Programs\Dolphin\User\Dump\Textures\<game id> lel

Yes, 3.5 and older use that directory.

(01-02-2016, 11:18 PM)vladik4kides Wrote: [ -> ]But now I have problem with loading custom textures. They just  won't load ._.

Are you using textures you dumped yourself, or a texture pack you downloaded from somewhere? Where are you placing the textures?

I'm using dumped and edited by me textures. I'm placing it in User\Load\Textures\<game id>\
(dolphin 4.0.2 says it's using that directory )
Dolphin 4.0.2 uses the Dolphin Emulator directory, not the User directory, despite what the description says.
Better solution: stop using Dolphin 4.0.2 and upgrade to the latest dev revision.
And some texture packs probably use a new format which isn't compatible with 4.0.2 IIRC.
Oh wait, so I didn't fix the dumping problem. This time I'm using 4.0 x86 Dolphin. OK so, I enabled Dump textures thing, but dolphin won't dump them again, idk why. The folder with game id is there, and the last update date is the time when I launched the game, but this folder is still empty. Can someone help?
For the last time. USE. A. DEVELOPMENT. VERSION.
Pages: 1 2