Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Controls in Smash Brothers Brawl acting strangely
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

freelancer91

I got the PAL version of Super smash brothers Brawl and am trying to run it on build 3972 x64 on Windows Professional on my dell studio xps 13. The game starts fine, but whenever I get to the select a character menu, I notice a problem. My in-game cursor can only move left and right. Even when I press the keys that I designated for up and down, it moves the cursor left and right. I am trying to use my laptop's built in keyboard. I have mapped the keys to what I think would be most practical for the game, but none of the keys can achieve up and down motion. I haven't played Wiis much, so I feel like I am forgetting something obvious. I am trying to emulate it as if I were using the classic controller, not the wii controller. What am I doing wrong? I tried rotating the Dpad, but that doesn't work. For some reason, I can't uncheck the "use wiimote" whenver I want to use the classic controller.
Brawl uses both GC controller and wii controller at the same time. Disable one of them (map the controls to nothing)
or try enabling nunchuck
* DacoTaco facepalms

this is obviously cause brawl is played holding the wiimote sideways
look in the wiimote config to flip the emulated wiimote >_>
or just enable the nunchuck