Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Plugin_VideoDX9.dll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Massalinie

Don't berate me about using the search function if this question has already been answered (which I'm 98% sure it must have been at some point) because I tried the search function before and after becoming a member and both times no posts are found.

Anyway my problem is that when I start up dolphin I get "Failed to load plugin Plugins\Plugin_VideoDX9.dll - unknown error" and subsequently, games refuse to play. Naturally, I googled the error and the only solution I could find was to install DirectX9. Which I did. Twice. And it still doesn't work.

I'm currently running Windows Vista Home Edition on a brand new laptop on which there are definitely no hardware issues. So what I'm wondering a few things.

1) Can dolphin run on Vista?
2) If so, has anybody had this problem before and how did you solve it?

I also can click okay after this message and attempt to run a game, I'm trying to run Resident Evil but I get the error "Can't create opengl renderer..." etc etc, I'm sure you've seen that error before too.

I'm really not sure what to do about either problem so any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks! Smile

cmccmc

besides installing it have you tried updating your DX9

Massalinie

Yes, I tried installing the March 09 directx 9 update and now I've gotten rid of that first error, but I'm still getting the opengl one. I've done more research and I've discovered that apparently you can't run dolphin on computer with an Intel integrated graphics chip, which is what I have.

Is there really no way at all for this to work? I can't use opengl ever?
If so, I'll have to live without Sad

cmccmc

to make it work you must uninstall your graphic drivers then reinstall them
Have you tried just using the VideoOGL.dll plugin? It works much better anyway.

And yes, Dolphin runs on Vista (everything runs on vista, I don't get why people always ask) and it runs just as well as it would with XP.

cmccmc

he edited his post saying his graphic chipset is not supported so none of the plugins will work Zephyr618
your directx is not up-to-date.

Massalinie

Zephyr618: Since my chipset won't support opengl 2.0, I don't think that plugin would work anyway. Also, not everything runs on Vista. Some older software won't even run on XP! But I'm talking really old Tongue Also a lot of things need insane work-arounds to make them work on Vista, as I've discovered. I actually hate the operating system, but I'm a student in Computer Science so not learning to use it would be foolish on my part.

Lannyboy: As I said in my second post, my directx is now up to date and working. Please read the whole thread before responding.

I'm going to try to install Dolphin on my desktop computer later, hopefully now I'll be able to get it to work. Thanks for your help, everyone.
I never had a version of Dolphin that would actually let me play any games(gc) with dx3d enabled !

OGL POWA!!!
I have a similar problem and I've been updating my DirectX but nothings changed. I just updated to March 09. Dolphin.exe just won't show that Plugin_VideoDX9.dll exists, only DolphinWx.exe will complain about it missing.

I'm running Vista X64 with a ATI Radeon 4670 graphics card. Games run just fine using OpenGL, but I just wanna try Direct3d.
Pages: 1 2