Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I want to address something why people get framedrops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

dragontamercos]

I have nothing against you but some *most of the time* someone with a week laptop will come on and without a brain cell Think it can run the dolphin emulator, that is not true, others with really bad computers think they can do it as well And because they cant they think a GameCube or a WII (A HIGHLY UNDER POWERED DEVICE) Require a super computer 

While i can answer that with re directing you To TopHatsAndChampange I'm going to continue with one more thing  i would like to bring up

NO YOU DON'T you cant play it on a really basic computer that is from 1998 And not a week 200$ laptop (mac books cant play it, there over priced for nothing I redirect you here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZD12tDIJZg)

Why im doing this? i joined today? Im a troll? No im not the reason why is because i have an i5-4960 and a gtx 950 and that's enough to play new AAA titles at 768P Maxed Out But why was i getting frame drops In Mario Galaxy? V-sync

Yes Free-Sync And G-sync causes random frame caps that appear to be lag but there frame caps

hope this Helps

Love
-Dragon (Pc Master Race)
\dragontamercos Wrote:' pid='394507' dateline='1450711854']
mods please correct the title

I have nothing against you but some *most of the time* someone with a week laptop will come on and without a brain cell Think it can run the dolphin emulator, that is not true, others with really bad computers think they can do it as well And because they cant they think a GameCube or a WII (A HIGHLY UNDER POWERED DEVICE) Require a super computer

While i can answer that with re directing you To TopHatsAndChampange I'm going to continue with one more thing  i would like to bring up

NO YOU DON'T you cant play it on a really basic computer that is from 1998 And not a week 200$ laptop (mac books cant play it, there over priced for nothing I redirect you here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZD12tDIJZg)

Why im doing this? i joined today? Im a troll? No im not the reason why is because i have an i5-4960 and a gtx 950 and that's enough to play new AAA titles at 768P Maxed Out But why was i getting frame drops In Mario Galaxy? V-sync

Yes Free-Sync And G-sync cause random frame caps that appear to be lag but there frame caps

hope this Helps

Love
-Dragon (Pc Master Race)

Spoiler:

dragontamercos]

(12-22-2015, 02:17 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes Free-Sync And G-sync cause random frame caps that appear to be lag but there frame caps

hope this Helps

Love
-Dragon (Pc Master Race)

Spoiler:

i will admit I fucked the title
For what it's worth, you can edit the title of any thread you create. Just hit the Edit button and make sure it's Full Edit, not Quick Edit.

Yes Free-Sync And G-sync causes random frame caps that appear to be lag but there frame caps

hope this Helps

Love
-Dragon (Pc Master Race)

I'm guessing that the OP wants to know why there are frame stutters and lag on his PC?  Dolphin is not a perfect emulator.  You'll sometimes get lag no matter how powerful your PC is.  The common things that will make Dolphin lag is sound sync and shaders.  Right now, there's no way around it.  
This thread is now about how great Splatoon is.
Spoiler:
As for on-topic, it's really hard to understand what you're saying. Your grammar makes it hard to understand what your intention is.

You need a strong CPU because dolphin uses two threads for computing . The faster those threads are, the faster dolphin runs.
If no one is going to make anymore useful posts, I'm going to close this and issue warnings for offtopic talk.
Dolphin runs like an absolute charm on my PG279Q with G-Sync. That's a 144 Hz display, though. Are you running a 60 Hz panel, by chance? Just a complete stab in the dark, but I wouldn't be surprised if lower-refresh G-Sync/FreeSync monitors can cause timing issues in emulators that wind up looking like framerate drops.

You should see how things behave when you disengage G-Sync when your framerate exceeds your refresh rate.

Quote:To use this new mode, set “Vertical sync” to “Off” on a global or per-game basis in the “Manage 3D settings” section of the NVIDIA Control Panel. When your frame rate exceeds your monitor’s rated G-SYNC refresh rate, for example 144Hz, G-SYNC will be disabled.
Now that I reread the original post, I think he was trying to admonish Dolphin users with low pc specs who complains about poor performance. I think...
Pages: 1 2