Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: freezing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there im playing paper mario the thousand year door and i cant get passed the first fight. the curtain drops and the audio goes into a loop and the video freezes. im using a windows 10 intel core i7-3920 8bg ram intel HD graphics 4000 and 64 bit processor if you need other information please let me know i really want to play this game any help would be great. (when the curtains come in they freeze )
Make sure you have a good dump of the game. Dolphin can give you the MD5 hash of your game (right-click the game in Dolphin's game list -> Properties -> Info tab -> Compute). Compare this with other verified hashes from sites like rawdump.org. If your hash is incorrect, you have a bad dump. You need to try dumping or "ripping" your disc again until you get one that works.

If it turns out you have a good dump but still get freezes, post screenshots of your settings so we can see what's going on. First check your hashes though.
(12-21-2015, 02:26 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you have a good dump of the game. Dolphin can give you the MD5 hash of your game (right-click the game in Dolphin's game list -> Properties -> Info tab -> Compute). Compare this with other verified hashes from sites like rawdump.org. If your hash is incorrect, you have a bad dump. You need to try dumping or "ripping" your disc again until you get one that works.

If it turns out you have a good dump but still get freezes, post screenshots of your settings so we can see what's going on. First check your hashes though.

im not not what you completely mean by "dump" or how to find my hashes. I have found the info tab page but i cannot find where it says "compute" and i am also using a iso file so i am not using my disc
Use a newer version of Dolphin to get the Compute option.

The "dump" is your game. You "dump" or "rip" games from their discs. That's how you get the game on your computer. If you have a bad dump (corrupted file basically) there's not much Dolphin can do until you dump your game again correctly.

Mikurotoro

(12-21-2015, 02:39 PM)afropreet Wrote: [ -> ]im not not what you completely mean by "dump" or how to find my hashes. I have found the info tab page but i cannot find where it says "compute" and i am also using a iso file so i am not using my disc

[color=#ff3333]it is illegal to talk about illegally-obtained games on the forums! also to "dump" something means to rip or copy so for instance if you dump paper mario TYD that means you are copying the game disc  to your computer! hope this helps![/color]
(12-21-2015, 03:09 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Use a newer version of Dolphin to get the Compute option.

The "dump" is your game. You "dump" or "rip" games from their discs. That's how you get the game on your computer. If you have a bad dump (corrupted file basically) there's not much Dolphin can do until you dump your game again correctly.

okay I am using version 4.0.2 now but it still does not show up is there any other way i can find it. versions that are 4.0.8 do not run on my computer because i am missing MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll i had tried downloading c++ microsoft visual studio 2015 but that didnt fix my problem so i went for a more stable version. I had donwloaded that visual studio but done nothing after it
You're not supposed to download Visual Studio, you're supposed to download the (64-bit) Visual C++ redistributable. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145

You will need to use a development version to get the Compute button. It isn't available in 4.0.2.
(12-22-2015, 01:38 AM)afropreet Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2015, 03:09 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Use a newer version of Dolphin to get the Compute option.

okay I am using version 4.0.2 now but it still does not show up is there any other way i can find it. versions that are 4.0.8 do not run on my computer because i am missing MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll i had tried downloading c++ microsoft visual studio 2015 but that didnt fix my problem so i went for a more stable version. I had donwloaded that visual studio but done nothing after it

is it also possible to get dump codes or does that not make sense or exist becasuse my dump may not be good
What do you mean by "dump codes"?
im using version 3.5 and its working but i would rather not use it becasuse my frame rates drop
Pages: 1 2