Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The biggest feature I've been wanting in Dolphin that would be simple to add.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Full resolution screenshots. AFAIK there is no way to take a screenshot at the internal resolution. That sucks really bad.
If you play at a higher resolution, most things are rendered at that resolution. If Dolphin had an option to create native resolution screenshots, then it would most likely cheat and just scale the screenshot down to it. You can do that yourself with an image editing program.
I think what OP means is that the "take screenshot" feature only takes a screenshot with the size of the game window, not the internal resolution.

So basically if your IR is 3x, and your window size is 640x480 (I'm exaggerating), the screenshot will be 640x480, not 3x.
We'd call this feature "dump XFB copies", but yes, this feature is missing. But be prepared to get broken screenshots on some games. First, aspect is likely broken everywhere. But harder, some games render a frame in two steps, first the upper part, then the lower part. So there is no good way to get such a screenshot.
So it's not so "simple" actually… or it would have already been implemented, I guess.
It is so simple, but it won't work for sure.
Sounds like simply difficult.

Tuco Benedicto

Not to hijack someone else's thread, but the relatively small feature I'd want the most, instead, would be some sort of hotkey to swap between classic controller and Wiimote in real time, without going through the option panel every time.
Maybe it's even already there and I always failed to notice it?
(12-25-2015, 11:44 PM)Tuco Benedicto Wrote: [ -> ]Not to hijack someone else's thread, but the relatively small feature I'd want the most, instead, would be some sort of hotkey to swap between classic controller and Wiimote in real time, without going through the option panel every time.
Maybe it's even already there and I always failed to notice it?

Please use the feature request thread instead: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-fe...est-thread