Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tales of symphonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
i didnt knew that this game had been release in english, i discovered it on this site and wikipedia.

so i ordered it, and played a bit and then i saw it listed on forums as perfect emulated.

i couldnt rip it, so i dld a bkp copy, i can since i own the original one right? XD

anyway, it doesnt work perfect for me, theres lot of sound stutering, and flickering, frame drop on battles and it only goes to the world map using the il version, that for me means slow gameplay, but heres what...

this game has the very same problem as resident evil remake here, if i turn on idle skip i get hyper speed super fast like 80 fps, and if i turn on throtle on dsp it gets normal speed but slow on battles like "max payne's time bullet" u know what i mean?

that means my processor can handle the game but this throtle cosumes a lot of processing just to put the game on normal speed and ends up slowing it down, and this is the first emnulator wich this kind of option is correlated to a sound option. so a faster processor is needed just to get the game with the throtlle on and get a normal speed , not too fast and not too slow... well i guess that could be easily fixed =P

aside this speed problem theres the flickering and sound stutering.... so the game isnt perfect on dlphin, at least not for me

see ya =)
I tried out Tales of Symphonia on Dolphin, too. For me everything works perfect. Which Rev. do you use?

sharang2

I have similar problems as the original poster. I use rev. 2745, and the text in menus seems to be going crazy half the time (I'd say about 10% of the letters in the menu you access by pressing Y are replaced with a different letter, but i'm not too concerned with that). The Framerate problems are similar.

Core 2 2.5 GHZ
Nvidia 8600M
4gb RAM
Vista 32bit

Elanzer

(04-10-2009, 05:17 AM)LP-Ever Wrote: [ -> ]I tried out Tales of Symphonia on Dolphin, too. For me everything works perfect. Which Rev. do you use?

Can you define perfect? Using SVN 2954 I only get ~40fps in combat, and the music is all off (missing instruments). Graphically it's perfect, but it's still pretty much unplayable with the default settings. I've tried many, many other SVN suggested in the forums with pretty much the exact same result.

Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 4.1ghz
Radeon HD 4850 @ 810/2200mhz
8GB PC8500 DDR2
Vista x64
(04-12-2009, 07:06 AM)Elanzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2009, 05:17 AM)LP-Ever Wrote: [ -> ]I tried out Tales of Symphonia on Dolphin, too. For me everything works perfect. Which Rev. do you use?

Can you define perfect? Using SVN 2954 I only get ~40fps in combat, and the music is all off (missing instruments). Graphically it's perfect, but it's still pretty much unplayable with the default settings. I've tried many, many other SVN suggested in the forums with pretty much the exact same result.

Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 4.1ghz
Radeon HD 4850 @ 810/2200mhz
8GB PC8500 DDR2
Vista x64

So, my config:
ENABLED:
Basic settings:

-dual core (sometimes you don´t get sound when enabling that)
-Idle skipping
-All advanced settings

OpenGl Config:

-native resolution
-antisoptic filter: 4x
-MSAA:off
Copy EFB to GL Texture (hack)

I´ve tried out svn 2958 and i get 50fps in towns,dungeons.
In combats 50 fps (sometimes when fighting against many enemys 40-50fps.
At he "map" I get (normal) 25 fps.
So it works lagless most of the time.
(If I disable throotleing in DSound I get much more fps.)
I´m near at the end of the game Smile

I don´t know why you get only 40fps. You have such a nice CPU.
Are you using the Pal version?
If you have still questions you can ask.Wink
i have 1.66 core duo intel and justr 1gig of ram and nvidea geoforce 7400, but on this game i can play it in dolphin, of course there is slow down mainly end of battles (30fps) world map (20-25) or if there is alot of going on, such as the cut scene where the town is on fire at the start (lame 15-25fps) but in battle 35fps-55fps is ok for me.walkin around is fine too maybe 30-60fps.

i notice when some cache is cleared it speeds up again.
There are mainly 4 bugs on this game:

1-Stutering Sound:
It's bothersome,but manageable and sometimes doesn't happen.

2-The``Sopa de letras´´Effect Bug:
The letters go crazy on menus and dialoge!It can make the game quite hard to play.

3-Vanishing Sound:
Sometimes sound just stop sounding or gets stuck on the last sound,it tends to happen when you load a savestate.To solve it just use the in-game save and load it,sound should be back to normal.

4-Emu Crashes saving-loading:
Sometimes when you save or load a savestate the emu closes,this is the most important(and dangerous)of all.

PD:Forgive my bad english.

crizpiz

I am having trouble getting Tales of Symphonia to get past the part in the desert where Loydd escapes prison. Once I get to the arrogant blue haired man it freezes up. Any advice is appreciated! I am using revision 3089 on windows 32 bit. 4 GB of ram 4500 intel core 2 duo and geForce 8600 GTS with 512 MB onboard vram.using JIT Dynarec HLE, Bios all the time, Lock threads to cores, Optimize Quantitizers and LLE Dps on thread. PLEASE HELP I really want to play this game! Thanks.
I just got past that part and I didn't had any trouble there,the emu crashes randomly when you use savestates,if you did might you just got out of luck,if not I don't know what could cause it.

lynxk

Heya guys!

Just wanted to state my problem with ToS- I cant skip the intro! [which is kinda annoying watching over and over]
seems the KB pad doesnt react on that screen alone but...
does anyone else experience this problem?

besides the choppy sound, everything looks and works beautifly!
btw im using the latest SVN.
Pages: 1 2 3 4