Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Amd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have a question about my current processor? I have an AMD FX-4350, and I was wanting to know if that would be good enough to use for dolphin. I have it paired with 8GB DDR3 and a Radeon 7770HD on Windows 7 x64. I know that Intel outperforms Amd, but I was on a budget when I built my PC. Thank You!
ayymd lma noooooooooo
(12-16-2015, 12:23 PM)piccolo289 Wrote: [ -> ]ayymd lma noooooooooo

Thank You for your reply but a simple you need better specs would have sufficed.
Piccolo, please refrain from posting unnecessary comments.
OP what games are you looking to play?
k, imma be serious now. If you wanna play Not intensive games (Brawl, WIndwaker, Etc.) you should be fine. But id get an intel pentium g3258 or, if you can, an SKylake I3 to play more intensive games
OP easily needs a new processor,  a low end FX one is not going to be remotely reliable in dolphin 
I was looking at playing skies of arcadia legends mainly. I tried it out last night and got 30 fps out of it. Thank You everyone for your input. For now it runs well enough for me but after Christmas I'll save up for a FX-8350 or an Intel rig Wink
(12-17-2015, 01:01 PM)Omini Wrote: [ -> ]For now it runs well enough for me but after Christmas I'll save up for a FX-8350 or an Intel rig Wink
Seriously, go with Intel. Most (if not all) AMD CPUs are garbage for Dolphin...
The FX 8350 is worse than the i3 4130 in dolphin. I'd go with the i5 6500 or the 4460.
(12-17-2015, 01:01 PM)Omini Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking at playing skies of arcadia legends mainly. I tried it out last night and got 30 fps out of it. Thank You everyone for your input. For now it runs well enough for me but after Christmas I'll save up for a FX-8350 or an Intel rig Wink

To answer your question, the FX 8350 will play Skies of Arcadia just fine.  I have an FX 8350 and it does handle Dolphin emulation pretty well.  I have ran Skies of Arcadia on my AMD rig and can play it 30fps for the most part.   I've also played Skyward Sword at 25-30 fps...it stutters from time to time, but very playable.   Most Nintendo platformers, with the exception of Donkey Kong Country, plays at full speed just fine as well.

Having said that...I would skip the FX 8350 and get an Intel Haswell or Skylake instead.  If you're planning on upgrading, it is worth the extra $40-$60 to get an i5 core.  I think you'll be very happy if you do that.  I have an overclocked G3258 @ 4.0Ghz and it runs every game much better than my FX 8350.  Get the Intel rig!  I can't stress that enough.  The FX 8350 will serve you just fine if all you ever want to do is play Skies of Arcadia....but if you want to play games like Last Story or Xenoblade...you're better off with an Intel. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4