Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Building gaming PC- will I be able to run Dolphin well?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/FinalSmash/saved/hXMkcf Here's my partlist. I'm fairly certain I'll be able to run Dolphin at high settings, but I wanted to know what you guys think. The main games I want to play are Xenoblade Chronicles and F-ZERO GX.
Yes, an i5 6500 and a R9 380 should be pretty powerful and should handle Dolphin easily. However, I recommend getting an unlocked (K series) CPU (as well as a motherboard which can overclock) if it's not too much more expensive -- it will certainly be useful if you ever get CPU bound and need some speedup.
(12-15-2015, 08:53 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, an i5 6500 and a R9 380 should be pretty powerful and should handle Dolphin easily. However, I recommend getting an unlocked (K series) CPU (as well as a motherboard which can overclock) if it's not too much more expensive -- it will certainly be useful if you ever get CPU bound and need some speedup.

Okay thanks