Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: command line, load state file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there a way to use the command line to open dolphin to a particular rom and load a particular save state:

example:
dolphin.exe -e monsterhuntertri.iso -state ./state/mhtri.sav

so i could put that in a batch file or a shortcut and have it load the rom, then load the state, skipping all the splash screens and getting right back to where i was in the game?
This was brought up as an idea. I really like it. I have it on my to-do list the next time I have a chance to work on Dolphin (Maybe next week or so?)
(12-12-2015, 05:37 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]This was brought up as an idea. I really like it. I have it on my to-do list the next time I have a chance to work on Dolphin (Maybe next week or so?)

I would sure like to see it. Please update this thread once a build with this functionality is released.
Any progress on this?
Not yet. I'm currently in the process of moving and won't be really settled in until after this weekend to start working on this.

If anybody else in the meantime wants to work on this (JosJuice maybe?) I don't mind. I'd recommend just calling a savestate load slot function on start if the CLI switch is defined. Maybe make it accept a command line argument to tell which slot to load.
(12-18-2015, 03:52 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]Not yet. I'm currently in the process of moving and won't be really settled in until after this weekend to start working on this.

If anybody else in the meantime wants to work on this (JosJuice maybe?) I don't mind. I'd recommend just calling a savestate load slot function on start if the CLI switch is defined. Maybe make it accept a command line argument to tell which slot to load.

--------------------------
JosJuice Wrote:To: ThumpieBunnyEve
No, I'm not going to be working on this.
-------------------------

Can anyone else maybe give this feature a try?
Working on this now. Ran into a bit of a problem that I'm hoping to get help on. I'll update this thread with a build when it's working.

Sklink

(12-23-2015, 05:12 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Working on this now. Ran into a bit of a problem that I'm hoping to get help on. I'll update this thread with a build when it's working.

Were you able to make progress with this feature? I'm building a launcher and would like to be able to resume state.

Alternative was to use an auto-hotkey script to press load state, but it seems to cause issues with Dolphin. I can provide more details about that if necessary.