Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I Run 1080@60 on Integrated Graphics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MrFishy

I'll be buying a new and cheap laptop. I'm wondering if integrated graphics are enough to handle Smash Bros. Melee 1080p@60fps.
If that's the case, I'd be happy if you could recommend me a CPU that's up for the task, otherwise I'll get a more expensive gaming laptop instead.
Edit: I also want to be able to run Project M (Smash Bros. Brawl) with same settings but it's not as important.
It depends on your cpu, which one do you have? Melee isnt a very intensive game, i ran it on HD 6000 graphics just fine, but i also had a Core i5 5250u
Try to get at least an Haswell CPU (eg i3-4xxx) or newer. No ultra-low-voltage (U) CPU, and the GT3 version of the GPU. But I doubt this will be a cheap one. What do you think about i5-5350H?
The i5-5350H would be a good CPU.
If you get an i5 series processor make sure its a 6600k because those are better than some i7 series.
(12-12-2015, 03:23 AM)FakeShark Wrote: [ -> ]If you get an i5 series processor make sure its a 6600k because those are better than some i7 series.

It's for a (gaming) laptop, and most of them do not use desktop CPUs (though they do exist, they are quite rare and are pretty expensive… not to mention that battery life is not going to be great).

As far as I know, CPUs affect the emulation speed whereas a better GPU will allow you to use a higher internal resolution and improve the graphics. At some point, if your CPU is good enough for Dolphin and you want to run at 1080p, you'll probably be limited by your iGPU, which I'm not sure will be able to handle 3x IR. I'd suggest looking for a laptop with a dedicated GPU.
Not in a cheap laptop.
I think the only iGPU that _might_ pull off 3x IR (on most games including Smash Bros, but not all demanding ones) is Intel Iris Pro 6200 that is found aboard Broadwell Desktop chips (5775c for example) and some rare Broadwell laptops.
But decent gaming with 1-2x IR should be achievable with cheaper and more mainstream iGPUs.