Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Live Assistance w/ GC Memory Searching?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TLDR; I want someone good at memory edits to go on Skype with me and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Hello,
So I hate to admit this as it is quite embarrassing, but I am having tremendous difficulty memory editing (or even memory searching) GC games. I'm well-versed with all the jargon required yet I can't seem to even get a single consistent address!

I am trying to do some uber basic memory searches in Twilight Princess, however after a full day of messing around, googling, watching tutorials, and experimenting, NONE of the "expected results" from any tutorials or my own brain are found. I switched to Sunshine to see if I had better luck and nothing. I even followed a Wind Waker tutorial to the tee and still no valid address! Angry

I've been using the built-in Cheat Search, but after getting bad results and hearing the horror stories associated, I switched to Cheat Engine and haven't gotten any farther either.

If someone with experience with memory editing could help me out that would be great! (I'm 20 and I understand any terms you will tell me so dw lol)

Thanks! Big Grin

EDIT: After some more tinkering I've discovered that something with the tools or setup I'm using is giving me trouble. I analyzed the code and found the exact spot in memory that would hold rupees, yet in any memory searching tools I try I can never find it. It acts like it doesn't exist in memory. So I need help setting up the workspace.