Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin at 4K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For various reasons I am looking into getting a new monitor/TV. Don't really want to get a 4K given the rather sad refusal of most manufacturers to simply map 1 1080 pixel to 4 at 2160. But given the trend of things, let's say I did. My question is this for those with the experience: given that I've already determined that I can run 6×IR(under 1920×1080) without going under 100% VPS with most games that don't already do it at 3×, is it known that when you ACTUALLY go to push the pixels and run 6×IR, 3840×2160, would Dolphin then exhibit MORE slow down than 6x with 1080? I have a GTX 980 clocked at 1405 MHz(and a 4790K), so I wouldn't imagine the GPU or cable bandwidth would be an issue, or any other factor outside of Dolphin. Just wouldn't be able to tell without actually going and doing it. Thank you.
Streamout is quite cheap, so there shouldn't be a big slowdown compared to 1080p. Mostly 6xIR matters.
(12-07-2015, 07:31 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]Streamout is quite cheap, so there shouldn't be a big slowdown compared to 1080p. Mostly 6xIR matters.

Roger that, thank you.