Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What parts of my PC need upgrading to play at 60 FPS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

zrksyd

Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Processor/CPU: intel core 2 cpu 4300 1.8 ghz
Video Card/GPU: Intel G41 Express Chipset
Memory/RAM: 4096MB RAM
The whole thing.

You'll want to upgrade your cpu...which means you'll also need to upgrade your motherboard and ram.
Also, a chipset is not the same thing as a GPU. Given your CPU's age, I assume you'll also want (or rather, need) to upgrade your GPU to something more modern (even if you haven't posted it). You could keep your RAM if your new motherboard supports it.

Another thing, please use the development builds instead of 4.0.2. That version is old (over one year old) and does not have the latest improvements, bug fixes and new features that the development builds have.
But newer dolphin versions likely won't support his GPU any more Tongue
(12-06-2015, 09:22 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Also, a chipset is not the same thing as a GPU. Given your CPU's age, I assume you'll also want (or rather, need) to upgrade your GPU to something more modern (even if you haven't posted it). You could keep your RAM if your new motherboard supports it.

Another thing, please use the development builds instead of 4.0.2. That version is old (over one year old) and does not have the latest improvements, bug fixes and new features that the development builds have.

Hey, the developer builds only work ONLY ONCE for me, after that, it will crash every time I open it and will have to re-extract the files. Can I use a dev build without it crashing?
Sounds like you may want to try it in portable mode. Put a blank text file named portable.txt in the folder with Dolphin.exe. This runs it in a local directory to see if the issue is with your global files.
(12-11-2015, 10:03 AM)powrslave Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.logicalincrements.com

You should avoid any AMD CPUs even if it's recommended or listed as "good" on that website. As you probably already know, they have poor IPC and single-thread performance, which makes them non-ideal for Dolphin.
It's probably pointless to keep responding to this thread. OP was probably hoping that they could penny pinch, got told that literally nothing they had was usable, and left.

zrksyd

I've narrowed down the GPU I want to GeForce GTX. I'm gonna check what my power supply is soon, and I'll post that once I find out. So what's the lowest number GeForce GTX that will run Dolphin smoothly like a real GameCube.
Pages: 1 2