Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can dolphin know where it's located?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simply put, I want a more Portable Experience™ by, say, having dolphin in a plug and play external hard drive. I don't want to reconfigure dolphin everytime I plug it into somewhere new, so is there a way to specify, particularly in the config, a type of string that will let it know to look in it's current folder in the current drive?

danke
You can do this by making a file named portable.txt in the same folder as Dolphin.exe.
(12-05-2015, 06:19 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You can do this by making a file named portable.txt in the same folder as Dolphin.exe.

oh no no, i'm sorry, i guess i didn't fully specify. In development, you're able to get a returning string that is the directory of the folder that the .exe file is located, I'm trying to get this in the config so I can specify the ram, the memory cards and the rest of the... things in the config without having to re-specify the directories and files for them, if that makes any sense.
The portable.txt-method stores all of the settings, including memory cards or screenshots, into a folder called "User".
For the path for the games, go to User/Config, open Dolphin.ini and change the key "ISOPath0" to "./games" where "games" is the name of the folder where the games are. The dot represents the current direcotry. The same works for the Wii NAND root. (I would set it to ".\User\Wii")

Is that what you want? it is a bit unclear what you want to do.
(12-06-2015, 01:22 AM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]The portable.txt-method stores all of the settings, including memory cards or screenshots, into a folder called "User".
For the path for the games, go to User/Config, open Dolphin.ini and change the key "ISOPath0" to "./games" where "games" is the name of the folder where the games are. The dot represents the current direcotry. The same works for the Wii NAND root. (I would set it to ".\User\Wii")

Is that what you want? it is a bit unclear what you want to do.

Indeed it is, thank you! Heart