Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My spec are good enough(?) but I got low fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

haminhcine

I am new with dolphin so I 've been reading and I have a feeling my spec is good enough for Dolphin. Tell me if I'm wrong

CPU E4500 Core2 @ 2.2Ghz
4Gb RAM
GPU Geforce NVIDIA 8600 GT 1GB Vram
Windows 7 32bit

Games I tried:
Mario Kart Pal @ 25fps OpenGl
House of Dead 3 @ 20 fps
Wii Sport @ 35 fps
Wii Play @ 35 fps
Wii Music ~ 24 fps

I use Game Booster, EnabledBig Grinualcore, Idle Skipping. Frameskip gives me worse fps. Please help guys.Cheers.
thats normal for your specs
Update your DirectX Version (August 2009) and use the DirectX Plugin!

You can´t see the DirectX Plugin, when your DX isn´t updated!

haminhcine

krypking, what kind of FPS you get with your spec? Say in Mario Kart for example
the thing is that the emulator right now needs a very fast cpu to have good fps like a 3ghz or more
(09-22-2009, 01:17 AM)manaurys Wrote: [ -> ]the thing is that the emulator right now needs a very fast cpu to have good fps like a 3ghz or more

Fast CPU, yes, 3GHz or more, no.

Clock speed is no longer what makes a CPU fast. CPU speed is now determined by architecture. As an example a stock i7 920 is clocked at 2.6Ghz (2.8 at turbo) But is much faster than an overclocked C2D @ 3.6(ish)Ghz. Why? Because of the architecture they used on the i7. There is much more bandwidth available for the system to use with the i7 than the C2D. Not to mention all the extra features that the i7 has to offer, which again is due to the architecture. More L2 and L3 cache, and triple channel memory.... you get the idea. The point is, clock speeds no longer matter as much as they used to. If they did, CPU's would be up to at least 6Ghz on household desktops by now, if not higher.

haminhcine

So you guys are saying my CPU is too slow for dolphin? How about the GPU?
the video card is fine, the cpu could definitely use an upgrade. try updating your directx, it doesnt matter if u have dx9, 10, or 11 u still need the august 2009 update for directx 9 to use the dx9 plugin. it should speed things up a little for u.

haminhcine

Thanks guys.Core i7 920 rig is on the way Smile
get a nice aftermarket cooler and overclock to 4 ghz. have fun Tongue
Pages: 1 2