Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin on my old computer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jeffplante

I have an old computer with some upgraded parts in it. I know that it will not be able to emulate all the games at full speed but i hope it can still emulate some games like super mario sunshine.

Here some specs :

CPU: Phenom X4 810 2.6 ghz
GPU: Radeon HD7770
RAM: 8 go (not sure about the speed.

Can you tell me if i will be able to use it to run some gamecube games?

Thank you,

Jeff
That CPU is going to be pretty slow.
Overclocking would help a little bit
(11-30-2015, 10:05 PM)jeffplante Wrote: [ -> ]I have an old computer with some upgraded parts in it. I know that it will not be able to emulate all the games at full speed but i hope it can still emulate some games like super mario sunshine.

Here some specs :

CPU: Phenom X4 810 2.6 ghz
GPU: Radeon HD7770
RAM: 8 go (not sure about the speed.

Can you tell me if i will be able to use it to run some gamecube games?

Thank you,

Jeff

You won't get average fps with that Processor and graphiccard.
I have problems to get 30fps on my FX 6300.
I can play all these games on some decent fps, GC games 60-45fps, Wii games 30-25, GoldenEye 4 player (with unlimited ammo using rocket launcher) goes under 20 fps sometimes.

[Image: CG_Wii.png]

[Image: Wii_GC.png]
(12-01-2015, 12:10 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]That CPU is going to be pretty slow.

Overclock the CPU to 3.2 ~ 3.5 GHz, upgrade the OS to Windows 10 TH2 and use the Unofficial DirectX 12 version of Dolphin.
You'll be surprised by the performance (many titles running at full speed, smooth as butter).
No lag on Super Mario Sunshine with my laptop at native resolution.
Intel Core i3-3110M 2.4ghz
Intel Hd Graphics 4000.
You's probably be fine but why don't you try if you already have it?