Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PC I built mainly for Dolphin:Under $700(well,I guess)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,it's Vegeta.I'm showing off this PC I built about a week ago.It's not bad,and runs GameCube games at a steady frame rate.

Intel Core i3 4170 clocked 3.7 GHz picked up for $99.
EVGA GTX 960 2GB for like $180.
Some H81 motherboard I picked up for $50 at Micro Center,including the PSU and CPU Tongue.
Cooler Master Elite 550 watt PSU,$45.
CM Elite 311 Case $50.
and some other parts,anyway,that was my build I have right now.I think it's pretty good.I even tried Minecraft Shaders,which is pretty demanding,and it never dropped below 60.I might take a benchmark soon.

Hope I helped! Big Grin
Im guessing you dont live in the us, because a pc at that range should cost around 500-600 usd.
(11-30-2015, 11:56 AM)piccolo289 Wrote: [ -> ]Im guessing you dont live in the us, because a pc at that range should cost around 500-600 usd.

Well, he didn't explicitly say what his total costs were.  If you add up the costs he stated, then it totals out a little over 400 bucks.  Last I checked, $424 is under $700.  
BTW,I used some parts of an old PC(Vostro 230):The hard drive,optical drive,and the RAM.And yes,I live in the US.Also,notice I said (well,I guess) in the title. Tongue