Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Framerate Problems..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Moritz0906

Well, hi there...

First of all, I'm not sure if I ask my question in the right section, so if I'm not, I'm sorry ^^".

Now my Problem... I tried everything, every Option I know, and still I'm not able to play Games like Super Mario Sunshine or The Legend of Zelda WInd Waker smooth... I've read about some People who run those games smoothly without any FPS- Problems, even though they have an Intel On-Board GPU... As you can see I've got a Radeon On-Board, and now i'm asking myself, why they're able to play it, and I'm not?

Thanks for any help Smile

AMD A10 7800k 3.5GHz
ATI Radeon R7 7800k On-Board
8 GB Ram

[attachment=14137][attachment=14138][attachment=14139][attachment=14140][attachment=14141][attachment=14142][attachment=14143]
You're using 4.0 right? It's technically not supported here anymore (only 4.0.2 is for stable versions) but the stable versions are slower than the latest development versions. Checkout something newer (like 4.0-8246).

Moritz0906

(11-30-2015, 02:24 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]You're using 4.0 right? It's technically not supported here anymore (only 4.0.2 is for stable versions) but the stable versions are slower than the latest development versions. Checkout something newer (like 4.0-8246).

Well thanks for this Suggestion, but it didn't helped, same as before Sad
Try overclocking your CPU, as you have and AMD CPU, which isn't great for emulation due to low IPC. Overclocking will give a free speed-up, as t how much it will give, I'm not sure.
1. Update to the latest dev versions and keep using them
2. Always set internal resolution to fixed values. Start with 1x, and only increase it when the game runs over full speed when you hold down TAB. And there's no need to go over 3x, if your display only shows full hd.
3. Do not mess with the per game settings, leave everything as is. You might need to delete your config to get a proper reset. Keep in mind that the savegames are in the same folder as your settings: "C:\Users\Yourusername\Documents\Dolphin Emulator"

PS:
You might want to run the game without efb to texture only. The game .ini should override this. Create a hotkey for switching between efb2tex and efb2ram, and then switch it when it struggling. If it doesn't help, leave it as is. If it helps, keep in mind, that this change breaks the picto box.(can't take photos)