Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin on Macbook pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ToadChief

Hey,

I'm trying to play any game on the latest Dolphin version with a gamecube controller with a Wii U gamecube adapter (official), and the controller doesn't work. The new Macbook pro's don't have two USB ports side by side, so I bought a USB Hub to plug both parts of the adapter into the laptop. I read the following wiki (https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...lphin#OS_X), and followed the instructions, the easy and the terminal installs, but neither work. The controller does end up being seen by the Dolphin simulator, but the controller doesn't work. The controller does work with the actual gamecube, but it just doesn't do anything for the emulator.

Thanks!
It might not be getting enough power, you only need 1 of the USB plugged in anyways (I forget which one).
The black one have to be plugged.
If you have Mac OS X El Capitain, unfortunately the new system protection prevents the driver to be installed.

ToadChief

(11-26-2015, 06:52 AM)DrHouse64 Wrote: [ -> ]The black one have to be plugged.
If you have Mac OS X El Capitain, unfortunately the new system protection prevents the driver to be installed.

Is there anyway around that? Is there any way that I can install the new driver for the adapter?