Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: We Sing Microphone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so I have an iso for the Wii game 'We sing Robbie Williams' and am wanting to play it on Dolphin.

But I have a problem!

It starts up fine and runs at normal speed and everything. I get to the menu and all seems good but then it won't let me play. Some of the buttons on the menu cannot be pressed and I believe this to be because there is no microphone attachment.

So my question is: Is there any way to play this game? I just want to see what its like (being a big Robbie Williams fan) and don't necessarily want to sing. Is there any way to just make the game think I have a microphone plugged in? (so I can actually play the game).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
You could try Ishiiruka or wiispeak branches, they have some basic Wii Speak emulation code that should make the game think a microphone is plugged. You can find Ishiiruka on its own thread here in the forums but to get wiispeak you would have to manually compile Dolphin. Fortunately, I have a pre-compiled build of wiispeak that you can download here, it's vanilla Dolphin 4.0-7636 + wiispeak code...
(11-25-2015, 03:12 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]You could try Ishiiruka or wiispeak branches, they have some basic Wii Speak emulation code that should make the game think a microphone is plugged. You can find Ishiiruka on its own thread here in the forums but to get wiispeak you would have to manually compile Dolphin. Fortunately, I have a pre-compiled build of wiispeak that you can download here, it's vanilla Dolphin 4.0-7636 + wiispeak code...

Thanks for the advice. I tried the wii speak link but when I try to run the application it says that a file called MSVCP140.dll is missing. What now?
(11-25-2015, 03:46 PM)Hammy Wrote: [ -> ]I tried the wii speak link but when I try to run the application it says that a file called MSVCP140.dll is missing. What now?

To run recent versions of Dolphin, you need to install this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145
(11-25-2015, 07:04 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]To run recent versions of Dolphin, you need to install this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded it and the wiispeak worked! . .. until this morning when I tried it again Sad

When I bring up the wiispeak dolphin it seems fine but as soon as I select the 'We Sing Robbie Williams' iso it crashes and says 'Dolphin.exe has stopped working' and closes the program. What now?
(11-26-2015, 08:47 AM)Hammy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2015, 07:04 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]To run recent versions of Dolphin, you need to install this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded it and the wiispeak worked! . .. until this morning when I tried it again Sad

When I bring up the wiispeak dolphin it seems fine but as soon as I select the 'We Sing Robbie Williams' iso it crashes and says 'Dolphin.exe has stopped working' and closes the program. What now?

Anyone?
Try Ishiiruka then. If it also crashes, no more clues...
(12-01-2015, 04:02 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Try Ishiiruka then. If it also crashes, no more clues...

I just tried Ishiiruka but now I have the same problem as I originally had. The game still does not think that there is a microphone attached. Do I have to change any settings on Ishiiruka to make it work?
Microphone doesn't work; I've tried it. There is literally no support for it in Dolphin as far as I can tell in any build.
No.
Pages: 1 2