Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What's the best way to set up the Wii-Mote motion controls?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't used Dolphin in a while and I'm getting back into it and want to know what's the best way to set up the motion controls? Preferably something along the line of either gamepad + mouse or just full gamepad. If I recall the last time I've tried doing either of those whenever I mapped it to the right thumbstick of my gamepad or even the mouse the pointer was locked to the center and all my inputs ever did was add motion to the pointer in that direction but the second I let go (or stopped moving my mouse) it snapped right back to the center. Anyone know of a work-around for this?
(11-24-2015, 06:30 PM)ThatBenderGuy Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't used Dolphin in a while and I'm getting back into it and want to know what's the best way to set up the motion controls? Preferably something along the line of either gamepad + mouse or just full gamepad.

There's no objective best way to set up controls. It depends a lot on which game you're playing, but also your personal preferences.

(11-24-2015, 06:30 PM)ThatBenderGuy Wrote: [ -> ]If I recall the last time I've tried doing either of those whenever I mapped it to the right thumbstick of my gamepad or even the mouse the pointer was locked to the center and all my inputs ever did was add motion to the pointer in that direction but the second I let go (or stopped moving my mouse) it snapped right back to the center. Anyone know of a work-around for this?

For sticks, that's normal, and there's no workaround as far as I know. It shouldn't be happening with a mouse, though.