Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running Snes9x on dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to run the wii homebrew application Snes9x on dolphin. But I am running into some problems. The app launches but tells me I need IOS58. So I booted up NUSD and got IOS58 and installed it into dolphin using the tools->install WAD option. However the app still gives the same error, is there a way to fix this?

My computer is windows 10 i7-4720HQ @2.60ghz (3.3Ghz Max) 16 GB of RAM and an Nvidia 960m. Dolphin version 4.0-8044
Dolphin should fake any IOS. It does not matter if you have it installed or not, if anything tries to load that IOS, Dolphin will just report that it was loaded fine.

My bet is that something is not working, and on a real wii, this usually means there's a problem with that IOS.

Did you set up a virtual sd card? Are all files in the correct place on that sd card?
I have a virtual SD card inserted, but I'm not aware of anything having to be set up on the sd card. I have the files for the application, and push load in dolphin and then it successfully loads it.
Installing a new IOS is not possible at all on Dolphin. We just don't emulate the ARM Starlet processor. We emulate the IOS itself instead. So you could fake our IOS to return this specific values, or patch SNES9X to not check for it.
I don't suppose there is any easy way of doing either of those?
Out of curiosity, since you're on Windows, why not just run Snes9x natively, instead of running an emulator inside of an emulator? If you want accurate SNES emulation, higan is ahead of Snes9x, anyway.
A combination of two things. First, the only controllers I have is a wiiu adapter and some gamecube controllers. I tried to use it with snes9x, but it wouldn't work. So I came to the conclusion that if I could run snes9x through dolphin I could bypass this problem. Second, it'd be like emulator-ception. Emulators running emulators is pretty cool, no?
I would call it a massive waste of CPU resources and electricity when you could get better performance, fewer glitches, and more accurate emulation by running a better emulator natively, but suit yourself. Tongue
I would, but that isn't an option. Snes9x doesn't see the wiiu adapter so I can't use my Gamecube controllers, If I run snes9x through dolphin, it will see the controllers.
I got SNES9xGX or whatev working properly on Dolphin, used my SD Card from my Wii.
Pages: 1 2