Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: F1 2009 - HD Car textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok guys probably late to the party as ever, but recently whilst texture dumping F1 2009 I noticed that the car models use higher resolution textures on the car / driver selection menu than the actual in-game models themselves, 512x512 vs 1024x1024 not a massive improvement but it does make writing and a few other details more readable less fuzzy. If you think it's worth me making a texture pack just ask.
Ahhhh, high quality ads. But yes, just go ahead. Good textures are needed for every game Big Grin
I found that McLaren uses a combination of two 1024x1024 textures
one light, one dark, the same set used on the driver menu to produce the silver shine effect, your teammates McLaren then switches to a dark 512x512 mipmap when going out of view, seperate from the mip1-8 files.
I've inverted the McLaren mipmap texture colours to show it, which oddly until now i've never realised is actually the Mercedes Petronas colours.

https://mega.nz/#fm/u8MjFYBb
I like what you did, it's actually pretty nice.
(11-25-2015, 04:59 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I like what you did, it's actually pretty nice.

Thanks i'll try to improve the crappy tyre textures too, probably borrrow them from some rFactor mod.
Decided to remake the textures in 8K using real life samples to overlay the crappy textures.
My photoshop skills are shite but i'm getting better hopefully someone can help me tidy it up once i've got all the textures in hd.
For instance the Red Bull moisturised effect Cola texture I took from

[Image: RS5039_RB_Cola_4er_Pack_355ml_AT_2014-hp...k=N5FeKxuL]

[Image: nPJmUkj.jpg]

diego4567

(11-24-2015, 10:44 AM)clairane Wrote: [ -> ]Ok guys probably late to the party as ever, but recently whilst texture dumping F1 2009 I noticed that the car models use higher resolution textures on the car / driver selection menu than the actual in-game models themselves, 512x512 vs 1024x1024 not a massive improvement but it does make writing and a few other details more readable less fuzzy. If you think it's worth me making a texture pack just ask.

Hi Big Grin have you finished the project or just left it?? If you have the texture pack, can you send me a link please? Smile