Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to load save when TASing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I have just one game load in my dolphin list, which is Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2.
When I launch the game normally, I was able to import a save and modify it a bit with the things I wanted to. But when I go to Dolphin's main menu, highlight the game and go to Movie < Start Recording Input; the game launches but it never ever loads the save file. In fact, even if I save the game while in this mode, after I'm finished, it still doesn't load.

Could anyone help me with this situation?
Dolphin currently doesn't support loading Wii saves when TASing, unfortunately.
Oh, I see. I'll have to find my way around it. Thanks!
I have another question, I just hope I don't have to create a new thread because I fell it isn't neccesary.

But how do I re-record with the Dolphin emulator? Everytime I create a new savestate when recording input, the movie automatically ends and I don't know how to make it keep going.
Any idea? and if not, any idea where to ask?
So, I just tested it, and the reason I can't re-record is because I wasn't starting the game with "start input recording". Instead, I was recording the input from a random point inside the game, which didn't allow me to re-record.

The thing is, I have 2 methods. 1) Starting with input recording. 2) Record the input in a random point inside the game
1) doesn't allow me to use a save
2) doesn't allow me to re-record

Is there a way to make it so I can do both things, re-record and use a save?
So, I have just tested it, and when I record with method 1) which is start the game with "start inpur recording", I can't also re-record because the game will just not take it. I don't know if its lag or what, but it's driving me nuts. There isn't any clear dolphin wii tutorial on how to tas. So, somebody plis?
I was able to work around these problems with some research and testing.
There were 2 problems. Bad hotkey placement (I had one hotkey with 2 different actions) and also some desync problems. Both have been fixed and now I can TAS they way I want. You can close this thead.