Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario galaxy 2 texture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hallo guys,
i would really appreciate it if i would get some advice of you, i downloaded the mario galaxy 2 hd texture pack and put it into the load/textures folder of dolphin.
The name of the modfolder is SB4E01 and my game version is a european one with the ID SB4P01.
Now do i have to change the name of the modfolder or is this not necessary? And how will i know that the mod will work? Is there some significant sign that shows me it worked?
You need to rename the texture folder to SB4P01.
(11-16-2015, 01:34 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You need to rename the texture folder to SB4P01.

thank you very much for your reply, but is there some significant sign that tells me the texture pack works, like some new intro display or something like that?
(11-16-2015, 02:09 AM)SandyCheeks Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2015, 01:34 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You need to rename the texture folder to SB4P01.

thank you very much for your reply, but is there some significant sign that tells me the texture pack works, like some new intro display or something like that?

Higher texture quality. Very noticable on onscreen-elements like text.
(11-16-2015, 03:01 AM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2015, 02:09 AM)SandyCheeks Wrote: [ -> ]

Higher texture quality. Very noticable on onscreen-elements like text.

i dont know if it works to be quite honest
If I wanted to make sure, find some logo/UI element texture in the pack. Replace it with something noticeable like completely black/red/green color.
Or just open the game and go to a place where you know there are custom textures, then disable and re-enable custom textures in the settings to see the difference.
You shouldn't tweak settings while a game is running - it messes with any compatibility settings in the game's ini file, which can, in some games, break them completely, and the changes will still be there next time you start the game.
Good point. I actually completely forgot that it would break some games (since I never had that issue). Although are the changes supposed to persist next time you start the game? Won't they get overridden by the .ini again?
They do get overridden again (as long as you don't open the settings window again).