Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Make the Dolphin menu close after exiting the game (Emulation Station)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Azure

In the past, when I hit ESC to exit the game, the Dolphin program would also close as well as the game. Now that is no longer the case, and I need to close out of Dolphin after exiting the game. I would like it to work like it used to.

My reason is that I am using Dolphin with Emulation Station, and when the Dolphin program closes out, it triggers Emulation Station menu to reopen. So having it close out automatically is much more convenient when away from the mouse. In case it's important, here is my config for Emulation Station for Dolphin. I'm using Dolphin 4.0-8143 on Windows 10 x64.

Code:
<!-- A short name, used internally. Traditionally lower-case. -->
<name>wii</name>

<!-- A "pretty" name, displayed in menus and such. -->
<fullname>Nintendo Wii</fullname>

<!-- The path to start searching for ROMs in. '~' will be expanded to $HOME on Linux or %HOMEPATH% on Windows. -->
<path>C:\Games\ROMS/Wii</path>

<!-- A list of extensions to search for, delimited by any of the whitespace characters (", \r\n\t").
You MUST include the period at the start of the extension! It's also case sensitive. -->
<extension>.iso</extension>

<!-- The shell command executed when a game is selected. A few special tags are replaced if found in a command:
%ROM% is replaced by a bash-special-character-escaped absolute path to the ROM.
%BASENAME% is replaced by the "base" name of the ROM.  For example, "/foo/bar.rom" would have a basename of "bar". Useful for MAME.
%ROM_RAW% is the raw, unescaped path to the ROM. -->
<command>"C:\Software\Dolphin\dolphin.exe -e "%ROM_RAW%"</command>

<!-- The platform to use when scraping. You can see the full list of accepted platforms in src/PlatformIds.cpp.
It's case sensitive, but everything is lowercase. This tag is optional.
You can use multiple platforms too, delimited with any of the whitespace characters (", \r\n\t"), eg: "genesis, megadrive" -->
<platform>wii</platform>

<!-- The theme to load from the current theme set.  See THEMES.md for more information.
This tag is optional. If not set, it will default to the value of <name>. -->
<theme>wii</theme>
Look at the help of dolphin. It is the -b switch you are searching for.
(eg. C:\Software\Dolphin\dolphin.exe -b -e "%ROM_RAW%")

Azure

(11-15-2015, 06:07 PM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]Look at the help of dolphin. It is the -b switch you are searching for.
(eg. C:\Software\Dolphin\dolphin.exe -b -e "%ROM_RAW%")

Thanks so much! This was the solution.