Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Netplay Save game progress with friends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CynicalDylan

So me and my friends want to play co-op games and save our actual progress for both Wii and GameCube games. My question is how do you do this or is it even possible? I see on netplay their is a write to memcard or SD card option but whenever we get to a point to save we get nothing when we relaunch the game.
Help would be greatly apprecative
This currently doesn't work with Wii games, but it should work with GameCube games if it's configured correctly.
For GameCube games, memory cards are supported but you must synchronize them each time you start playing. For Wii games, you cannot save in netplay as of right now.

CynicalDylan

(11-15-2015, 07:49 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]This currently doesn't work with Wii games, but it should work with GameCube games if it's configured correctly.

Thankyou for the answer could I have the configuration guide if there is one for gamecube games?

also what is the write to SD card option for then and when do you think the feature will be available?
Before you start playing, copy the memory card from one computer to all other computers that will be in the netplay session.

The write to SD card option is used to make SD cards read-only. Wii games don't use this for their save data, but there's a small number of games that use it for other things, like Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I don't know when it will be possible to keep save data for Wii games on netplay.