Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Please help me run dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Inspiron 3521
Intel ® core I3-3227U @ 1.9 GHZ
4 GB of ram (3.8 usable)
Intel HD Graphics 4000
windows 10
64 bit operating

if you could tell me what i could do to make it faster/work in general that would be great. I'm really looking to play some gamecube games at a relatively good FPS because the last time I tried it about a year ago it always lagged.

Games like:
Super mario sunshine
Mario party 7
Need for speed games
Super monkey ball
etc

please any help is greatly appreciated

EDIT: if you could also recommend a different laptop which could run Dolphin perfectly and is relatively cheap ($500 maximum, $300 or so) that would be very nice of you
You have what's called an Ultra-Low Voltage (ULV) processor. They are not recommended for Dolphin because of their low clock speeds.
What you can do to get the most out of your computer is to get the latest dev build, as it is usually the fastest.

The Need for speed games are usually pretty demanding, probably wont get very with that. The other games are not as intensive, so you may get fullspeed.

Most laptops that can play Dolphin well cost around $1000. If you have to stick to that budget, then you can build a cheap desktop around that price.
That laptop is screwed when it comes for dolphin.
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-...JDBATVZYVF

This may be able to handle lower end games at 720p, i have a macbook air (core i5 5250u, 4gb ram, HD6000) and was able to run most games at window size (usually fullscreen) and get solid performance, except for in SMS and Return to dreamland. Return to dreamland has issues in intel hd gfx atm.
(11-15-2015, 06:34 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]You have what's called an Ultra-Low Voltage (ULV) processor. They are not recommended for Dolphin because of their low clock speeds.
What you can do to get the most out of your computer is to get the latest dev build, as it is usually the fastest.

The Need for speed games are usually pretty demanding, probably wont get very with that. The other games are not as intensive, so you may get fullspeed.

Most laptops that can play Dolphin well cost around $1000. If you have to stick to that budget, then you can build a cheap desktop around that price.

well, need for speed i'm guessing isn't vital for me to play. I'm honestly just looking to replay some childhood games because I want to remember how much fun I had. how about games like Naruto, super smash bros, or a dragonball z game? maybe even mario kart double dash (if i didn't already mention it). are there any games you think I would be able to run at 60 fps with little problems?

Also, building a desktop wouldn't be out of the question, but is something I would prefer to avoid as I am not the most tech savvy person

Appreciate the reply!
(11-15-2015, 06:36 AM)piccolo289 Wrote: [ -> ]That laptop is screwed when it comes for dolphin.
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-...JDBATVZYVF

This may be able to handle lower end games at 720p, i have a macbook air (core i5 5250u, 4gb ram, HD6000) and was able to run most games at window size (usually fullscreen) and get solid performance, except for in SMS and Return to dreamland. Return to dreamland has issues in intel hd gfx atm.

Ah, that's a shame to hear, but maybe before I upgrade I can run a game or two at an ideal speed.

Thanks for the laptop recommendation btw. Looks like a great laptop and it's in my price range, and according to what you said, will more than likely be able to handle dolphin (and most likely older games i'm assuming). I'll look into it and consider it

Thank you Smile
Building a desktop is really easy easy! If you've ever followed a LEGO guide to build something, then you already know how to build a desktop.
(11-15-2015, 07:09 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Building a desktop is really easy easy! If you've ever followed a LEGO guide to build something, then you already know how to build a desktop.

Weirdly enough, I've never followed a LEGO guide. Closest I came was a few months back I tried to build a table for my TV and I failed miserably.
(11-15-2015, 07:19 AM)maxorcism Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2015, 07:09 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Building a desktop is really easy easy! If you've ever followed a LEGO guide to build something, then you already know how to build a desktop.

Weirdly enough, I've never followed a LEGO guide. Closest I came was a few months back I tried to build a table for my TV and I failed miserably.

but i would realy recommend you to build a desktop pc, with a budget of around 500$ you can build one that runs every game in 1080p with 60fps, a good laptop that can do that will cost around 850 to 1000$ minimum. on youtube there are a lot of pc building guides you may be interested to watch.
(11-15-2015, 08:54 AM)SandyCheeks Wrote: [ -> ]

but i would realy recommend you to build a desktop pc, with a budget of around 500$ you can build one that runs every game in 1080p with 60fps, a good laptop that can do that will cost around 850 to 1000$ minimum. on youtube there are a lot of pc building guides you may be interested to watch.

desktop as in, pc with a monitor and all that? if so, there's no way I would be able to fit it in my room.
(11-15-2015, 09:13 AM)maxorcism Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2015, 08:54 AM)SandyCheeks Wrote: [ -> ]

desktop as in, pc with a monitor and all that? if so, there's no way I would be able to fit it in my room.

yes, desktop like the pc with the monitor
Pages: 1 2